IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Happy Birthday Ashton!
In a few hours for you on the west coast. :-)

Lots of other interesting events today - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_16

Fredonia!!!1 :-)

I hope it's a great one.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yes, a very happy birthday to you!
New Why thanks.. so far so-Good
Good idea.. Who? might have had similarly-warped little grey cells??

I hadn't played the Date-game, looked up my cohorts--but NYT and Wiki have some illuminating entries
(especially for those of us who realize that you can'r Kill-astrology.. merely because there are left ... no Great Astrologers?? [some cavil..])

My abbr. list extirpated from the lot:
Some good company there… Sagittarians all.

*Ludwig--of Course, Piet Hein (!), Jane Austen, Morris Dees (SPLC), Catherine of Aragon, George Santayana, Zoltán Kodály, Noel Coward, Margaret Mead, Turk Murphy (trombone: heard him in a SF dive), Arthur C. Clarke, Philip K. Dick (!!), Liv Ullman, Steven Bochko,
and Mark Dean Schwab, American rapist and murderer (d. 2008)
--there's always gotta be an axe-murderer to spoil things..

Alas, some died on this Festive Day :-/

Camille Saint-Saëns, W. Somerset Maugham, Colin Chapman (Lotus cars), a couple Disneys, a couple three mobsters

Also per NYT:

1773 The Boston Tea Party took place as American colonists boarded a British ship and dumped more than 300 chests of tea overboard to protest tea taxes.

On Dec. 16, 1950, President Truman proclaimed a national state of emergency in order to fight "Communist imperialism." (My Gramma.. again--must have Made Her Day)
(He also seized Red China's assets--reported that day) My.. My.. When? shall they reciprocate/seize what's left of ours?

1916 Gregory Rasputin, the monk who had wielded powerful influence over the Russian court, was murdered by a group of noblemen

Ha! always felt a certain kinship with Rasputin; likely he quite realized that there was a huge neon target on his back, thought ... Ahh.. w. t. f. Why Not?

* as mentioned in these parts: Teach (Muy M.) subsequently had his classes celebrate Ludwig.. a sweet touch by a pukka Concert Pianist.. fated to serve us incompetents, instead..

Got a surprise in the USPS: some crisp C-Notes-fer-Cats; now I gets to Play Cat-god in disbursing actually useful objects for.. 'objects' ... unrelated to Stuff! Start with: free-rangee/non-toxic chicken for the Locals..
Even the frerals will stand a foot away when they smell That! ..er, Ho Ho Ho. :-)
     Happy Birthday Ashton! - (Another Scott) - (2)
         Yes, a very happy birthday to you! -NT - (dmcarls)
         Why thanks.. so far so-Good - (Ashton)

All Your Basic Auth... no, I just can't do it...
47 ms