IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Adventures in pillow repair.
Around 9 months ago, I bought a package of two down filled pillows, desperately needed to replace two dead pillows. Unfortunately they were way too puffy for me to use, so I adopted the older (but much less used) pillow from the lady's side of the bed as my own, and put the two new ones over there.

I had recently noticed a few feathers scattered around the bedroom, but last night I felt that older pillow rip wide open. This would mean a trip to BB&B, and I'd hoped not to do any shopping at all until well after the holidays.

This morning I examined it and found it had torn right along the edge seam, so it would be easy to do a repair that would last at least into mid January.

So, I reluctantly went for my sewing machine. It is an ancient Universal portable. It is portable only by the Navy definition, as a 16 inch naval rifle is "portable" because it can be carried on a ship.

So, as long as there were already feathers loose, I figured it would be a good time to deflate the down pillows to usability. I set about doing that.

Down, it turns out, is about as unmanageable a substance as exists anywhere. By time I was done I looked like Big Bird, and my dining room looked like it had been suicide bombed by a Muslim duck.

I did not need a fortune teller to tell me I had some serious vacuum cleaning in my near future.
New Wife has a suggestion
She also likes down less puffy than most. She'll take a new pillow and set several heavy books on it for a couple of weeks. She claims it then stays flatter.
--

Drew
New Did I ever tell the story about the
guy with a newly-redecorated living room, fireplace etc. (Wife chose the color-less scheme, natch.)
And his decision to pretty-up the grate in said fireplace??

Well.. he did (spray that sucker into a nice matte-black..)
Then a phone call came in (pre-cel-Era) and he went to answer it.

After a time on phone there was a Large Whooooomp!!! ... seemingly from whence he came.
. . .
. .

Having intended to be away only briefly, he had set down the aerosol can on nearest thing.
Turned out: it was the radiator.
Suddenly that White-Room had become, nearly everywhere: a room-sized-Dalmatian :-/ :-/ :-/

..After the divorce.. but that's Another story.
So then--what's a few feathers, eh?
New shouda used duck tape
My problem with down pillows is that I am highly allergic to down in pillows. Every time I stay at a pretentious hotel the first thing I do is tear off all of the pillow cases and check the labels. No label a discreet tear takes place.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Boooo ...
--

Drew
New Best visual in a long time...
and my dining room looked like it had been suicide bombed by a Muslim duck.

Best visual I've heard in a while...
New And little did that duck know . . .
. . that all 72 virgins are still in the shell.

The gotchyas are always in the details.

Adventures in pillow repair. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
         Wife has a suggestion - (drook)
         Did I ever tell the story about the - (Ashton)
         shouda used duck tape - (boxley) - (1)
             Boooo ... -NT - (drook)
         Best visual in a long time... - (S1mon_Jester) - (1)
             And little did that duck know . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

There are some who call me... LRPD.
40 ms