IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "Aero Snap" =/= "Aero", I think.
I'm actually on balance with PeeWee on this. Yes, it's annoying sometimes, but helpful slightly more often. Two things, though:

1) I've got "Aero" off too, I think (that *is* the silly transparent-windows Fisher-Price II interface from Vista, innit?), and the snappy-thingy behaviour still present in my "Windows Classic" theme. But following the instructions on the page Peter linked, I was able to turn it off. I'm guessing the snappy-thingy, "Aero Snap", can be turned off even if one has the ugly stupid "Aero" visible theme enabled (not that I'm even going to try enabling the latter). TL;DR: Aero Snap is not Aero; it needs to be separately disabled as per the linked page.

2) Another quick tip that might help: Contrary to Peter's perhaps overly-terse summary, I found that (at least on my StinkPad) Win-down first restores a maximized window to its previous size, and only then minimizes it on the next press. Likewise, Win-Left or Win-Right don't just snap the window to the respective edge, but on successive keypresses they cycle through the range of Windowed-center, snap-to-edge, other-edge, center... Left- or rightwards depending on which arrow key you use. (This thing is actually looking better and better -- Thanks, PeeWee!) The Win-Up/Down key combo doesn't cycle that way, though; there, you have to alternate Up- and Down-arrow.

HTH!
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Thanks. Progress is good, but muscle memory is stubborn.
     new lapper, winders 8 - (boxley) - (13)
         Multitouch. - (Another Scott) - (11)
             sounds like an external mouse fix -NT - (boxley)
             What he describes . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                 That too. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Aero Snap is brilliant - (pwhysall) - (7)
                     Meh. It's annoying, too. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         "Aero Snap" =/= "Aero", I think. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             Thanks. Progress is good, but muscle memory is stubborn. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Turning Aero off makes your computer go slower. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                             DWM = Aero? Didn't seem so from the 7forum site you link to. - (CRConrad)
                             Really? - (Another Scott)
                     Re: Aero Snap is brilliant - (boxley)
         Same thing as spinning the scroll wheel on the mouse... - (CRConrad)

Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer.
72 ms