IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New anyone using fips140-2 compliant storage?
for data secured at rest
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New ok... wow.
Short answer: No, and glad of it.

Long answer: No. Specs look like PCI compliance, except MORE WORDS and inane requirements. Sure, I know they are securing Gov't data... and they are just making sure it conforms... but dang.

Sorry.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New Linux with finely tunes SE rules
I don't claim direct experience with that particular level, but in my project we needed finely grained granting of access to files in a shared directory, while a tech guy should be able to access his stuff.

THEN, many many groups of overlapping files/permission groups.

Then, track every VIEW (you heard that, VIEW) (as well as deltaed changes of course) of bytes in a file. Every read in every file in that dir was logged. It was sent one way to the logging machine. The machine was setup for no outgoing packets, only local access. Wire cut isolation.

When the NSA created those extensions, they wanted THEIR level of security without having to maintain an active kernel.
Expand Edited by crazy Sept. 2, 2013, 06:01:13 PM EDT
     anyone using fips140-2 compliant storage? - (boxley) - (2)
         ok... wow. - (folkert)
         Linux with finely tunes SE rules - (crazy)

Many of the dead have finished being dead without the assistance of medical staff or fancy equipment. It would be good if people could help with the swift opening of bags that are wiggling and/or noisy.
38 ms