TOPIC [not Groklaw specifically] is just now being discussed on npr/while, oddly: the Program Guide is er, Down!--a rarity. So no link.
Author of "The Internet Police" is interviewed.
Kudoes! + many thanks for posting This One; I might not have gotten to Groklaw 'next' ...before it/Pamela! et alia went Dark.. DARK.. DARK.

I shall enhance/re-triple my efforts to counter our break-neck-race towards Totalitarianism, encouraged by this timeless/permanent Warning.
Shall be passed-on, as I hope say, a few million early copies produce --> millions-more:exponentially.

There's been Too-little/Too-late public Awareness..let alone any truly-widespread intelligent discussion
of the personal/psych and psyche implications of all this techno-run-amok
--and 'Run' by people with a natural propensity we used to call, She's a snoop: watch out!
[How do we imagine each snoop landed at a place like NSA? Sheer chance?!]

'Security'--the Coward's (accompanying) rubric (to all the other faux-ones) for every outrage committed;
(Hitler version, "Security from the Awful-Jews"; '13-US version: "Security from all things which go bump in the night.")

Maybe Switzerland is a good place to xfer my insignificant-e-mail exchanges too, anon. It's a start, anyway.

Hope this Has Legs..

(Mea culpa.. for all those years when I took for granted that my species had an indefinite future) even while knowing..
"blessed are those who expect ...")
What was I thinking! :-0

PS: bin-Laden In. (his!) Deed. Won. We got >Ourselves< a now-Official Security State™ ... and it was said to have cost him <$100K USD--How's That for R.O.I.?
Hmmm.. are they trolling for 'bin-l' and all other abbreviations; you read it: so We're All on The List. Maybe--you could now never be Sure.

Carrion.

Ed: Program guide back: Fresh Air sans Terry:
'How Crime Went Online, and the Cops Followed' Guest host Dave Davies speaks with journalist Nate Anderson,
author of the new book, "The Internet Police: How Crime Went Online, and the Cops Followed,"

But towards end: The Topic arose.