IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hard life, indeed.
When I think of Ivan (L's house&field wolf, who parented/brought up a blind housemate ~Malamute?-like pup)
and our touching noses as he towered over me with paws on my sagging shoulders..
hard to imagine this lovable beast (surviving?) in that milieu :-/ though his now merely latent abilities might surprise, a lot.

Nice sleuthing after seeing that local in the park.. right next to road. And he did look pretty bedraggled.
Dipper Ranch link suggests many people regularly following their adventure--maybe some since the '95 start/reintroduction?
Trying to extrapolate which species wins/loses? or just the ratios of that...
(Ashleigh Brilliant again!) In the final analysis, everything depends on everything else. Still.
No wonder MDS can often screw up diagnoses, given Our lists of maladies: and the poor wolves have mites! or distemper or ..

(In past few months, lost both Milli and Micro [aka μ of course] the old, small cats--both of whom had had at least 3 yrs of TLC (mission accomplished, I wot.)
Each via (not identical) seizures, thus only barely conscious, clearly not 'coming back'. The downside of it all.
Wolves don't go out so gently: quite apparently. Just as well we cannot empathize Too-deeply: unbearable if one were bonded with a wild one.

Recall that link here, re the people visiting the Big Feline (Tiger?) after some years: whom they'd rescued as a cub (plus his mate!)) ...
I still ponder the scene where the two of these! powerful beasts came running AT? .. TO? them--and what must have evoked the very definition of ...trepidation!?!

Maybe there are a few wolves out there + special humans too, "who knew them when".. eh?
Great to encounter Real Life on such a trip!
New This just in:
[Defenders of Wildlife}
Woof! Woof!!

With the help of supporters like you, we just saw a breakthrough in our long-term fight to stop the premature delisting of wolves.

Nearly 60,000 of you spoke out against the exclusion of these wildlife experts, and because of the public outcry, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) is putting the brakes on a scientific peer review, which had barred 16 of the most respected scientists from advising on the agency's misguided delisting proposal.

We will continue calling on FWS to move forward with a fair peer review of the proposal by experts. Please donate now to support our continued efforts to protect wolves and other wildlife.

Sincerely,

Jamie Rappaport Clark
President
Defenders of Wildlife

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
USFWS halts peer review process for national wolf delisting proposal
Public outcry over excluded experts raises serious concerns over scientific integrity

WASHINGTON (August 12, 2013) – According to news reports today, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (the Service) has put on hold the scientific peer review of its proposal to strip federal Endangered Species Act protections for gray wolves across nearly all of the lower 48 states.

The following is a statement from Jamie Rappaport Clark, president of Defenders of Wildlife:

“While we still disagree on the merits of this premature delisting proposal, at least the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service understands the magnitude of the issue. It’s a relief that the Service has listened to the voices of wildlife supporters nationwide who have called the integrity of their peer review process into question. Cherry-picking scientists is not a good way to do business. To ensure impartiality and scientific integrity, we recommend that the Service turn the peer review over to the National Academy of Sciences instead of trying to manage the process itself. Either way, we look forward to a fair peer review of the science behind this ill-advised delisting proposal, and we hope the Service turns to the best experts in the field regardless of whether they have written letters about the use of their science in the proposal.”

####

Background:
Last week, several wolf experts were excluded from consideration for a peer review panel to evaluate the scientific basis for delisting gray wolves nationwide. They were excluded for signing a letter in May that criticized the Fish and Wildlife Service’s proposal, saying: “Based on a careful review of the rule, we do not believe that the rule reflects the conclusions of our work or the best available science concerning the recovery of wolves, or is in accordance with the fundamental purpose of the Endangered Species Act to conserve endangered species and the ecosystems upon which they depend.” Among those excluded were Robert Wayne of UCLA, Roland Kays of North Carolina State University and John Vucetich of Michigan Technological University.

THAT's ~ #5 or 6 of.. Signed-things that WORKED (more.. that galvanized further interest and further focus, on continuing pressures..

So.. CLICK that bloody mouse--most orgs now make the signing about as effortless as typing Fsck^&#^&ing b l o c k q u o t e idiot-verbosity ... over-and-ov...

Law above fear, justice above law, mercy above justice, love above all.
New need more in the smoky mountains
there are a few but really rare
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Good news. Thanks very much.
     So I'm thinking about posting some pictures... - (Another Scott) - (15)
         throw them up on you isp account - (boxley) - (2)
             Space isn't the issue. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 I am sure I have a googleplus account - (boxley)
         Re: So I'm thinking about posting some pictures... - (Bman)
         Most cloud-storing services let you share. - (static)
         I was going to say Picasa, but you'd found that already. :-) -NT - (CRConrad)
         A selection is now on G+ - (Another Scott) - (8)
             Re: A selection is now on G+ - (Bman) - (1)
                 Thank you, kind sir. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             Re: A selection is now on G+ - (Ashton) - (5)
                 More on the wolf. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Hard life, indeed. - (Ashton) - (3)
                         This just in: - (Ashton) - (2)
                             need more in the smoky mountains - (boxley)
                             Good news. Thanks very much. -NT - (Another Scott)

Your ears are broken.
44 ms