From the comments from here:
http://gawker.com/th...ggalos-1085424870

One of the most spiritual and beautiful things I have ever seen is a Juggalo funeral. I went to one in 2006, after my buddy blew himself up at a Juggalo cover band festival.

It starts with the ceremonial sacrifice of a Black Lab. It is done in utter silence, even the dog does not bark when the hammer drops, as if aware of its role in the solemn occasion.

Next come the elderly dancers. Nude, they leap to great heights and land gracefully on the hot coals below their feet. Rumor has it that they are the widows of juggalos lost in the Great War. Their faces are painted with the blood of the dog. Their feet are bound to signify the hopelessness of the temporal world.

Then comes the borscht. Hundreds of gallons of it are stirred furiously in enormous vats. This is why the funeral must be held on a hill. The borscht plummets down the hill, like liquid beet red death has come for us all. Hours upon hours of the most beautiful and angelic slip n' slide fun ensues. Those left standing enter into the last stage of the funeral rite.

It is now dark. Inevitably, the crickets are the only thing that can be heard. It is a white insectal noise, for this is how it must have sounded on Calvary. After the group sex, a book is passed around, usually an encyclopedia. Each person that is able to read, shares a passage with the group. This is what they call lerning (sic). Lastly, the book is burned and great amounts of intoxicants are imbibed to both eradicate this poisonous knowledge and also the memory of the late Juggalo.

If you ever get a chance, you should go to one