IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And I thought my son's call to Germany was expensive.
One hour call -- $150 or $2.50/minute on MCI Worldcom. I was pissed off over the vanished 5 cent/min Sunday anyway, so, I dropped MCI Worldcom as my long distance carrier and switched to Sprint's on-line billing, auto credit card payment, no monthly fee, 24/7 at 7 cents/min in US plan. MCI called to offer $100 to come back and was told to keep it.
Alex

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." -- Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
New I think.. 15\ufffd/min to UK, maybe 22 to Ger. is doable now..
- on those services which still 'compete' -- like good capitalists claim.

I've had very good service at 5\ufffd/min anywhere in US via -811. Only one other time were they down for.. a couple hours, and I was able to reach them on another matter, about as quickly as you can get anyone live at the Too-Big 3. EZ enough to put the prefix onto a button, I find. (When a private Sprint account with a friend lapsed..

I never let local fone Co. sign me up for any of the Biggies - as they are constantly switching rates -- and you Have to call to find out how much you're being charged over the latest best-offer. They will Not tell you, I found. (Verbal promises are meaningless at the phone droids - also a lot of written ones)

I shall now refresh my list to find out what other independents have survived, for next time. Cheap lesson. Eventually I will uncover an ATT exec; some folks I know seem to know (about) everyone. Whether or not I receive a refund is now beside the point - but it will be a pleasure to mention the effect of their arrogant behavior, describe how many Xerox copies of my bill shall make the rounds - and direct him to Slaughterhouse Five for re-viewing at his leisure..

Nobody fucks with Paul Lazzaro!
:-\ufffd
New Actually, you can do better than that.
$.10/min (at least weekends) to Germany via OPEX/Global Crossing.

(Don't know what their "prime time" rate is, tho...)
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New Yes
I believe I'm on 8c to England with Verizon
(but there is some flat monthly fee which makes
part of some "plan"......so the true rate is a little
higher).
-- William Shatner's Trousers --
New No rest for the Weary... Roland that is ;-)
Pay your damned phone bill and get on with life, oh soothsayer of obscure references... AT&T's stock (and my wife's ex-employer's retirement fund) are in the tank... $14 per share... toilet paper... They've laid off just about every triple digit in their company over the last 7 years, what do you expect?

"We don't have to care, we're the phone company"... Lily Thomlin
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"As people assemble, civilization Is trying to find a new way to die,
But killing is really, merely scene changer,all men are bored, with other men's lives"

"We all know success, when we all find our own dreams
And our love is enough to knock down any walls
And the future's been seen, as men try to realize
The simple secret of the note in us all
in us all"
P. Townshend - Pure and Easy
New Wise words O wayward wailer..
Yeah - true. I reported on the incident only to alert anyone else who might be on the road, dropped cel-fone in a privy and hears on payfone, "Would you like fries with that? "AT&T to place this call for you?"

As I said - cheap lesson! ie Never Assume that, because it's the dregs of a once massive Murican Corporate Entity.. that their rates, though a bit higher - will at least be Honest.

(I knew that - now I Know that fershure)

Ashton
     Speaking of.. 'what's legal' VS what's ethical + Corporate - (Ashton) - (14)
         The Market works. But there are special case scenarios. - (Brandioch)
         Nice thing those Fed breakups - (orion)
         And I thought my son's call to Germany was expensive. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
             I think.. 15\ufffd/min to UK, maybe 22 to Ger. is doable now.. - (Ashton) - (4)
                 Actually, you can do better than that. - (jb4) - (1)
                     Yes - (Mike)
                 No rest for the Weary... Roland that is ;-) - (screamer) - (1)
                     Wise words O wayward wailer.. - (Ashton)
         My ATT experience - (boxley) - (5)
             This is different, I think. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Dont pay it right away, dispute the SH*T out of it - (boxley) - (1)
                     Verizon sez they can - - (Ashton)
             It's +358 -forty- 57 47 45 eight to my work mobile. HTH! :-) -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 thank you sir will email to several of my accounts -NT - (boxley)

I don’t have time for you.
69 ms