IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "Don't talk to people about your work"
We have a project manager. She doesn't answer to the IS director (my boss). They both answer to the same person. She talks to users, my boss talks to programmers. And now programmers aren't allowed to talk to the project manager. Well, we can, but only if the IS director is in the room with us. Sure, there are reasons. Aren't there always?
===
I can't be a Democrat because I like to spend the money I make.
I can't be a Republican because I like to spend the money I make on drugs and whores.
New Typical bone headed management
They want 100% control over you and tell you who you can and cannot talk to. So remember that "Telephone Game" that had a group of people and then one talks to another and passes it on, etc. Then when it gets to you, it is something else entirely than what the original person said. Then guess who's fault it is when you get the message wrong?

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Ah... the infamous dotted line.
Sooner or later someone is going to confront both people with "Just which one of you are we reporting to!?"

Lotsa luck.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Don't you love it...
when company politics takes precedence over getting shit done?

Cheers,
Ben
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
New It is called "Mushroom Management"
Mushroom Treatment: "Feed 'em sh*t and keep 'em in the dark"
New "Mushroom management"
Ignore the dozen people who have left the company in the past month, aka Ignore the man behind the curtain.

There's nothing scarier than seeing a big (2'x4') container sitting next to the desk of one of the most helpful and interesting guys in the company. He *might* just be taking a load of junk home. Mmm-hmmm.
Famous last RPG quotes: "I'll just shoot this fireball down the dungeon passageway..."
     "Don't talk to people about your work" - (drewk) - (5)
         Typical bone headed management - (orion)
         Ah... the infamous dotted line. - (static)
         Don't you love it... - (ben_tilly)
         It is called "Mushroom Management" - (tablizer) - (1)
             "Mushroom management" - (wharris2)

Smoke the pipe, and there will be no lies between us.
63 ms