IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New well you have met my kids
mom is yupik, dad is a member of a federally recognized tribe that's inupiat
grins aside, if a creek marries a choctaw their children would bee fullblood but the bia would "pick" the tribe for them up until recently. In the west because several tribes would be hammered into one res, and people back in the day traveled, it would not be unusual. Crow man, shoshone woman, kids marry a paiute and grandkids party in arizona with navaho's. Indians are a lot like hobbits when it comes to ancestry. They usually know a very extended family tree and are proud to claim relatives of different tribes.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New another example
http://www.hcn.org/i...uantum/print_view
Ryan Padraza Comes Last is a full-blooded Indian, Sioux and Cheyenne on his father's side and Assiniboine on his mother's. He will soon receive his Lakota name: "A Rope." (Comes Last raises rodeo horses and always has a rope in his right hand. He likes to call Ryan his "right-hand man.") But despite his traditional roots and his Native heritage, Ryan may be one of the last of the Comes Last line allowed to enroll as a member of the Fort Peck Tribe.

According to the tribal Constitution, enrolled members must be at least one-quarter Assiniboine or Sioux, or a combination of the two. (Fort Peck is home to both groups, who share one government.) This method of measuring Native American ethnicity by percentage is known as the "blood quantum," and most Indian tribes use it to determine who can be admitted. A few use a different method, called "lineal descent," under which applicants need only prove they have an ancestor on the early tribal rolls. Before 1960, Fort Peck used lineal descent as well.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
     interesting decision by the ussc - (boxley) - (28)
         62 pages? How about a summary? -NT - (drook) - (18)
             short but probably miss stuff - (boxley) - (17)
                 Let's play a game - (drook) - (16)
                     I've only read probably 20 pages, but, here's my version. - (mmoffitt)
                     I will try - (boxley) - (14)
                         Got it - (drook) - (13)
                             Agree with you. - (a6l6e6x) - (12)
                                 Dunno. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                     agreed -NT - (boxley)
                                     That'd be a more compelling argument, imo, if ... - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                         white mans doin's -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                                             I think I follow, but not sure. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                 lazy answer - (boxley) - (4)
                                                     Ignorant whitey question - (drook) - (2)
                                                         well you have met my kids - (boxley) - (1)
                                                             another example - (boxley)
                                                     Well, I did follow. Thanks for elaboration. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                         He's a member of a tribe. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             I understand Sotomayer's point. - (mmoffitt)
         SC court orders child back to adoptive parents. - (Another Scott) - (8)
             Beautiful little girl. What a tragedy. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                 Funny how we say things like that. - (CRConrad) - (5)
                     On beauty. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                         Re: speaking - (drook) - (3)
                             Excellent point. Well done. -NT - (hnick)
                             Now That's ... cutting to the chase! A keeper. - (Ashton)
                             Cat Stevens fan, are you? - (mmoffitt)
             Father still fighting to keep his daughter. - (Another Scott)

The LRPD wots of things you wot not of.
99 ms