IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New rfk was a sign but Altamont was the end
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New ..only for those whose entire music-input consisted of
transistorized guitars and people yelling-in-tongues at ƒƒƒƒƒ
New nope, end of an chance for real change
the music was orthogonical to the cause
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New More words, please.
You've mentioned Altamont cryptically several times in the past. The only obvious reference I know to it is the 1969 concert there, the Hell's Angels, the death. What makes it a touch-stone for you? Were you there?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New the end of the hope of the sixties
free stores sharers became community organizers and started mainlining taxpayers money while pretending to care. Meth replaced weed and mdma, people instead of freelove were marketed by wolves. The rest gave up and became straights or outlaws. End of hope. Altamont was the end of what was started by the 1964 Monterrey pop festival.
New More words helps..
As you frame it, as valid a pontification as mine. But different vantage.

You're addressing the utopian Hopes of a Class.
My generalization, placing June 1968 as Inflection Point for the subsequent (mostly-uninterrupted) curve of 'National Decline' tries to average the effects (emotional + intellectual) ...
on so-many observed: of That RFK assassination, as culminated the trio, since 11/63.

(I postulate that, RMN made it to the WH ONLY because there was no longer an RFK to oppose (and I say: trounce) him.)

Agreed: 'National Decline' / '1968 Elections' (including the Chicago Police riot, etc.) all are open to personalized versions/definitions of the matters. Inescapable that.
Yet, by various measures: it Has Been a [-]-Slope on the Y-axis, since mid-1968. qed

different - (boxley) - (14)
         Have you tried it with any way of testing? -NT - (hnick) - (1)
             waiting until I am off work -NT - (boxley)
         Interesting. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             volume -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Maybe. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         NSA honeypot -NT - (crazy) - (1)
             Shush! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Tried.. 'Tom Friedman's latest book' - (Ashton) - (6)
             rfk was a sign but Altamont was the end -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                 ..only for those whose entire music-input consisted of - (Ashton) - (4)
                     nope, end of an chance for real change - (boxley) - (3)
                         More words, please. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             the end of the hope of the sixties - (boxley) - (1)
                                 More words helps.. - (Ashton)

"Lord Vetinari won't stop at sarcasm. He might use" -- Colon swallowed -- "irony."
40 ms