IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I just heard the president say
...that he "welcomes this debate" and considers it a "healthy sign." This statement, I fear, will have to be regarded as being fully as disingenuous as anything ever uttered by C-Plus Augustus during the Cheney Shogunate should Obama's Justice Department move against young Snowdon—or else, as I've grown to fear, the buttons on a modern president's desk are no longer connected to any braking function on the machineries of the National Security state.

Just at the moment I'm listening on NPR to some asshole former CIA head honcho Woolsey calling for Snowdon to be hung up by the balls, and claiming grievous and irreparable damage to "national security" ("if you tell anybody, you tell the terrorists").

James Fallows has a considerably more nuanced view of the hit taken by "national security":

http://www.theatlant...hong-kong/276692/

cordially,
New Who really just "found out"?
I'm pretty sure most of us -- and certainly anyone generally considered an "enemy" -- already assumed NSA is recording everything. We just lost deniability, so this is a political problem moreso than a security issue.
--

Drew
     <Red Siren!!!11>US government PRISM web site!!!11 - (Another Scott) - (21)
         Guardian: Leaker outs himself. - (Another Scott) - (12)
             More on Snowden. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                 hmm, maybe I should apply - (boxley) - (5)
                     Better hurry. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         just looked at rents :-( -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             Yup. Too often it works that way... -NT - (Another Scott)
                     $116k is a more realistic going rate. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         cheap bassars $55 is low -NT - (boxley)
             Driftglass: Breaking- NSA collecting massive amounts of data - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 Deja vu all over again.. but it snot? -NT - (Ashton)
                 this is from 2006. why post? what point? -NT - (crazy) - (2)
                     Just to show Snowden's revelations weren't exactly new. HTH -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Golly; why they be SOO-Upset! if it's *ALL* 'old' news..Hmm? -NT - (Ashton)
         To quote a scholar: Meh... - (hnick)
         dunno, if they are doing this - (boxley)
         funny, dont see the FAA logo here? - (boxley) - (2)
             "Go PRISMFAA" - center, last line of slide. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 FAA = FISA Amendments Act -NT - (altmann)
         My 'faith' that the 'govt' Can ... perspicuously *mine* - (Ashton)
         I just heard the president say - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Who really just "found out"? - (drook)

I agree with everything you said except "lol".
42 ms