IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I've heard bad things about Dalmations
being skittish and prone to unexpected aggression.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain “Pudd’nhead Wilson’s New Calendar,” 1897
New Biggest problem with them?
Deafness, particularly in thoroughbreds.

I had a Dalmatian cross a few years ago.

Absolutely charming dog - well mannered, affectionate, obedient; sadly had to have him put down at the age of two due to severe epilepsy.

But he was a big, strong dog with a lot of energy, and I can understand how easy it would be to cock up training one.

Wife's friend has an 18 month old boxer who's the most delightful chap, but said friend has been somewhat delinquent in the training department, so George gets to do what he likes, when he likes. This makes walking him without being dragged along in a graceless manner somewhat challenging. Unfortunately he has kidney problems which make it unlikely that he'll see the age of five.
New :-( Sorry about your pup.
(I thought that something had happened since you didn't talk about him much after you showed us some pictures. :-(

Sophie has epilepsy too. She only has a seizure infrequently (usually ~ 6-9 months apart) - her last was last Friday. So far it hasn't been a major issue, but we do worry. (She's 7 now.)

Losing a pet is always tough. Treasure the good memories.

Cheers,
Scott.
New No problems
It was four years ago now; we've got two Yorkies these days.

Who aren't yappy or snappy and have good dog manners, because this shit really isn't difficult :)
New Bah, bull, as always a question of definitions.
If you define "not difficult" as "any moron like you or me can/could do it", then no, perhaps it isn't. If you go by the real-world definition, though, "do most frigging morons seem to be able to do it?", then it must obviously be difficult as all Hell.

And never mind their fucking dogs -- although I'm still of the opinion that if I'm not allowed to shoot any dog whose owner doesn't scoop the poop, then the reason for that should only be because I ought to go after the party responsible and shoot the fucking owner in stead, but... -- Uh, where was I? Oh, yes: Never mind their fucking dogs, to see how impossible it apparantly is to impart some fucking manners, you only have to look to most people's children.

Which, all in all, leads me to side with Brenda and the Gryge: If those smaller breeds in practice don't get socialized (because their owners "regard them as toys in stead of pets" or for whatever fucking reason, it doesn't matter), then dogs of those breeds are in practice more likely to be vicious little arseholes. Arsehole is as arsehole does; if a mass murderer is still an arsehole even if he had a deprived childhood of broken handed-down toys, then a snapping biting little furball is still a vicious fucking beast even if it only got "Bella! Bella!" in stead of "Come here! Sit!" as a pup.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Holy fuck, how hard can it be...? Do you know any Italions?
Or Hungarions or Bulgarions?!?

It's DalmatiAns, ferfuxxake!
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Oh... it is such a wondrous day...
To have CRC Error Checking, back!

Nice to have you fully back, working away! I've been missing it!

Edit:
Can't have any punctuation issues changing the meaning.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Expand Edited by folkert June 15, 2013, 07:19:32 PM EDT
     Sicko from the home town - (lincoln) - (24)
         Pit bulls. - (Andrew Grygus) - (23)
             Because they are also wonderful companion animals - (Ashton) - (22)
                 And that human nastiness starts with breeding. - (Andrew Grygus)
                 friendly and tame unless abused -NT - (boxley) - (20)
                     Yep - (pwhysall) - (19)
                         Along those lines - new study out today. - (Another Scott) - (18)
                             I have a hard time believing that one. - (malraux) - (17)
                                 Re: I have a hard time believing that one. - (pwhysall)
                                 "Personality" may be the wrong word. - (Another Scott)
                                 3 most aggressive dog breeds.. - (folkert) - (14)
                                     Next door has a chihuahua - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                         The small Yappers are the worst... - (Nightowl) - (5)
                                             Hell no. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                 Re: Hell no. - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                     Brenda, c'mon. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                         The police were called by the lady he bit. - (Nightowl)
                                                 Sorry - I side with Brenda - strongly. - (Andrew Grygus)
                                     I've heard bad things about Dalmations - (lincoln) - (6)
                                         Biggest problem with them? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                             :-( Sorry about your pup. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                 No problems - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                     Bah, bull, as always a question of definitions. - (CRConrad)
                                         Holy fuck, how hard can it be...? Do you know any Italions? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                             Oh... it is such a wondrous day... - (folkert)

This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels.
53 ms