IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Progress report on my new year's resolution.
This last year, I resolved that by the end of 2003, all except one of my PCs would be Linux based, and the non-Linux one would be gaming/essential Windows stuff only. (I.E., if I need to learn a Windows-based technology for some reason, like a job, it would be there.)

Well, here's where I'm at:

I currently have two functioning computers. I have a third that will become a functioning computer at some point in the near future, when I actually have 15 minutes to breathe between looking for a job and whining about my employment prospects. :-)

The primary machine which is used around here, is an Athlon 1.4ghz w/256mb RAM that is running Win2k, IE6 as primary browser, and Microsoft Office. This is the computer my wife uses. I used to use it, but I've moved to the secondary machine, which is the one I will take with me when I move to D.C. if I get a job there.

The secondary machine is also running Win2k, but I'm doing a much better job of cutting off Microsoft at the kneecaps here. Primary browser is Mozilla 1.0rc1, JRE+JDK 1.4, OpenOffice 1.0, and basically a bunch of non-MS stuff. Duron 850, 384mb RAM

Step 1: Portability. Make the UI consistent across all platforms, and then the platform becomes irrelevant, other than for philosophical, security, and stability reasons.

Next step: Machine #3, K6-2/500 + 192mb RAM, 8gb hd+ 3gb hd will get Linux loaded on it's tiny bones. I'll start migrating to there, and then once I'm convinced I've got my m4d h4x0r skillz up, I'll migrate machine #2 to Linux. Hopefully, I'll be able to move the wife to Machine #2, and use Machine #3 as a dev machine, and Machine #1 as the game machine.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New www.debian.org
Don't be foolish in your choice of distro, now.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
     Progress report on my new year's resolution. - (inthane-chan) - (1)
         www.debian.org - (pwhysall)

Ever since then, I can easily spot a sociopathic liar.
84 ms