IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I have.
I've signed at least 4 petitions in the last 10 days and written to my congress-critter and both senators. Brown actually responded but I'm not terribly optimistic. Obama has been trying to work SS into this "Grand Bargain" from the beginning. Now he's using one of his standard design patterns, the "It's not as bad as you think/it could be" routine, to deflect from the fact that it shouldn't have been bad at all. FDR wanted to help but needed the public support. Obama really wants to gut SS and doesn't need public support in the slightest. If we bitch too much, he's got a lot of police and troops to put down the terrorists (that would be the ones bitching.)
New Meh.
It's good you're taking action. Thanks.

But if Obama were so obsessed with really gutting the things that you seem to think he is, it would have happened already. All he had to do was accept the Ryan budget. Many "centrist" Democrats would have been happy to take that as a starting point and tinker with it to show how "reasonable" they are... :-/

There's a thread over at BoomanTribune that goes into this a bit more. I like this guy's comment - http://www.boomantri...10/181636/892#118 ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New SSDD
This is a design pattern. We've seen it before. He preemptively concedes the thing he wants to screw us on, and later insists that he just HAD to do it. He gets a couple "serious" pundits quacking about it, and shortly his apologists are stating that anybody not getting on board are whining or purity freaks. Wash, rinse, repeat. He's not fast, but he gets what he wants. That generally means we get screwed; he's definitely not working for us unless some of us are REALLY rich.
New huh?
you been sleeping? He already got that
That means forcing the Republicans to accept changes to the tax code that make the well-off pay more.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Not really. That was just a little piece.
New pulling the plug on shrub tax cuts for the +450k crowd
is a little piece? I suppose you want to pull the plug on all of those who make over 50k a year.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Heh. Nice try. :-)
     WH: Chained CPI proposal and protections. - (Another Scott) - (12)
         Riiiight... - (hnick) - (8)
             Tell him you don't like it. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                 I have. - (hnick) - (6)
                     Meh. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         SSDD - (hnick)
                         huh? - (boxley) - (3)
                             Not really. That was just a little piece. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 pulling the plug on shrub tax cuts for the +450k crowd - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Heh. Nice try. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Predictable. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             And the longer form, but not a superfluous word either.. - (Ashton)
         Van Jones chimes in. - (mmoffitt)

Erm, jb......that already IS a Lerpadism.
79 ms