...but I sure wish that they'd do a little more work on the input side of things. A combo-box would be nice. (also be nice if the drop down lists were not restricted to a single character lookup). A standard drop-down and popup menu would be nice. Maybe even throw in an input Grid for grins. I find that the later versions of HTML give me a great deal of control over drawing but I get the impression that the input controls have not really changed since V1.0 (other than adding events).

It would also be nice if the standards committee hadn't leaned towards deprecating Tables. Although divs and spans can emulate the table technique, it's more involved and time consuming. They give you greater control in that it is tree based, but a lot of times you just want a rectangular two-dimensional array to start dumping stuff.

That said, I don't want a bunch of subthreads going back and forth on every page - loading and unloading things on the fly. I'd rather they just standardize the browsers (we're getting much closer) and then maybe enhance the input features a bit.