IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Scandal in ... !=Bohemia/Vatican City
http://www.salon.com...emium%29_7_30_110

Fron an Italian newspaper via Salon:

Did a gay blackmail scandal bring down the pope?

You can blame it on the gays, blame it on blackmailers with access to explosive secrets — although given all the considerably more horrendous acts that have been exposed in recent years, you’ve got to wonder if there’s any straw capable of breaking that camel’s back. Instead, the latest allegations only serve to add to an unflattering, already existing image of the man who sits in St. Peter’s chair – a weary geriatric who just doesn’t want to deal with his company’s problems anymore.

New Sooooo ...
Diddle all the little kids you want, but get something consensual -- from someone old enough to give consent -- and that's unforgivable.
--

Drew
New Were there a smoking gun
--say, some unassailable audio/writtenrecord with that sentiment clearly expressed?

I wonder if that (The Pope's) infallibility in matters of faith & morals thing ... would bite the dust, permanently?
Or would it just be another, [hoary-old] boyz-will-be-boyz rug/under/swept, matter amidst the flock..

Strange Creatures these homo-saps, especially when robed.
New On infallibility
Officially the infallibility only applies to a papal bull -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_bull

Cynics might assume this is a way to excuse all the stupid shit popes say without invalidating all the stupid shit they say "on the record".
--

Drew
New Meh.
I think it was clearly his health that caused him to retire.

If I commissioned a report, I would want to stick around to have it delivered.

The winter seems like a sensible time to retire.

What I find weird is that he is going to stay in Vatican City, virtually locked away, and never appear in public again (or some such thing). Maybe he doesn't want the stress of moving. Maybe he wants to be protected by diplomatic immunity. Maybe he thinks he'll be dead soon. I dunno. But it seems weird to me. I would think that the next pope wouldn't want the previous guy hanging around, looking over his shoulder.

The "gay cabal" thing is probably being blow out of proportion. Palace intrigue at the Vatican has been going on for many centuries now...

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
New One more option
He has been driving the bus for decades, since long before his predecessor actually died. He was the single biggest influence in his own election. And now, he has a chance to ensure a successor who will continue down his path. (Not necessarily the kiddy fiddling bit, but the one of relentlessly stomping out all signs of enlightenment that may have crept in during the last century or so.)
New Good points.
But, as I understand it, being over 80 he doesn't have a vote on the next Pope. There's no doubt that his being able to set the agenda and pick the cardinals for so long gave him power and sets the agenda going forward. But I think it's mainly set in motion now and out of his hands. Presumably the people he elevated, and the ones he helped elevate under JP2, have their own agenda even if they agreed with him.

But who knows. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who hopes the election spectacle doesn't get the wall-to-wall coverage for days on end the way his resignation did, but who isn't betting against it...)
New considering the 24hr coverage on Manti Te'o chances are good
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New Charlie cuts to the chase, with links.
http://www.esquire.c...repubblica-022213

Good points all around.

Cheers,
Scott.
New the first comment is awesome
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New Re: Charlie cuts to the chase, with links.
From a reply link:
http://www.geocities...hive/mistero.html

The final stanza of,
MISTERO BUFFO
The Comic Mysteries

Ahiiii. Beat yourselves. Beat yourselves. Ahiiiiah!
And you rulers, you usurers,
You will suffer misfortune,
For you have spat in the face of Christ,
Enriching yourselves with ill-gotten gains. eat yourselves!
You who have squeezed, as a person would crush grapes,
The money out of those who sweat and toil.
Ahiiii. Beat yourselves. Beat yourselves! Ahiiiiah!

Why.. the very "Heart" of Vulture Capitalism celebrates every day's success in Gaming the System/fucking-over anyone Not-You.
(If any of These Guys is a 'Catholic' ... his destiny is Perpetual Broiled Shit-on-a-Shingle, then.)
http://www.salon.com...emium%29_7_30_110

That pic of Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein--is, for me, as Perfect an icon of who/why/what to despise in this corporatocracy; that hubristic stare says It All.
     Scandal in ... !=Bohemia/Vatican City - (Ashton) - (10)
         Sooooo ... - (drook) - (2)
             Were there a smoking gun - (Ashton) - (1)
                 On infallibility - (drook)
         Meh. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             One more option - (scoenye) - (2)
                 Good points. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     considering the 24hr coverage on Manti Te'o chances are good -NT - (boxley)
         Charlie cuts to the chase, with links. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             the first comment is awesome -NT - (boxley)
             Re: Charlie cuts to the chase, with links. - (Ashton)

Owner/Operator rig.
91 ms