IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 3 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ayup, from the comments
http://www.atr.org/h...eight-champ-a7474
I'm 72. I've been traveling and backpacking, not touring, the world since I was 19. I've been to all of the continents and dozens of islands in the Pacific. I've been to places most people can't find on a map or even pronounce. I've watched three little kids (very little) hike a 5 kilometer road to school every morning in the Amazon jungle each carrying a sack of potatoes to sell to the small grocery store before starting classes in the back of the store. They shared desks and pencils. Yet, they were eager to learn and studied hard every night beyond just the homework they were assigned. They knew the value of education just by watching the river barges going by and seeing people able to afford shoes walking the decks. I've seen this in the Yasawa Islands and in New Guinea. I've seen it in Africa where parents get together to buy worn books from the U.S. These kids learn. They know as much or more than my kids knew at the same age. The difference? The kids wanted to learn. They valued education. Money didn't make them good students, they made themselves good students. Money will not improve education. It starts with the family and the kids. It starts with a library card, not a computer. All the money in the world won't make a difference if the kid doesn't want to learn.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New Bah.
Our parents and grandparents left us a pretty good country. Its infrastructure is crumbling. It takes money, not simply desire, to fix it.

Population growth means that things for the common good get more expensive. More schools for more students. More teachers for more schools for more students. Larger sewage treatment plants. Larger ports and airports. Better rapid transit and bus lines. It takes money, not simply desire, to fix that.

Aphorisms about individual initiative are fine for inspiration. They aren't reality when it comes to running a country, though.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who wonders why "Mr. 72 year old backpacker" is sitting around reading and commenting about Manny Pacquiao's tax rate.)
New Cool!
Lets go with the $29.95 tanks next time we invade a country. Because it isn't about the money, it's about the desire and drive.
---------------------------------------
In the dessert, you can't remember your name
New Your Sig begs the Question:
"WHO? found the whole-almond in the dessert" <sic> [which, on festive occasions in Scandinavia, is a special Gift/Treat.. for kids, as I comprehend the matter.]

(aka Rommel/The Desert Fox was not known as, The Dessert-Fox: ... was actually pretty fit!
but I appreciate the infinite double-entendres you may have envisioned.. :-0 )
     ayup, from the comments - (boxley) - (3)
         Bah. - (Another Scott)
         Cool! - (mhuber) - (1)
             Your Sig begs the Question: - (Ashton)

The story is true.
67 ms