IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The Republican leadership has to stop playing Lucy.
[edit:] Title, and below.

There's no sense in Pelosi or anyone else trying to save the Republicans from themselves just yet. The Republican leadership can't lead enough of their own members to get anything done, so Pelosi can't and shouldn't do their job for them.

Boehner's attempts at playing Nancy Lucy (of Peanuts fame) with the football is biting him in the butt. His own members are taking the football away from him before Charlie Brown is even on the field.

If Boehner wants to get anything done, he should start by giving at least tacit approval to the Discharge Petition - http://www.govexec.c...s-tax-cuts/59910/ If he wants to continue to strangle his Speakership via the teabaggers, that's his business. But he has ways out if he is willing to take them.

My take is that he's a prisoner of the reactionaries. He won't be able to please them, so the House will continue to be dysfunctional </sp>. Cantor is too smart to want to take the job, so Boehner is stuck with it. He won't resign as Speaker. I expect only incremental, Continuing-Resolution/Kick-the-Can-type actions from them for the next couple of years. We'll continue to muddle through because the insane House members will continue to throw tantrums and gum up the works, but they won't be able to get what they want.

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott Dec. 26, 2012, 12:05:58 PM EST
New Do you mean "Lucy"?
--

Drew
New D'Oh!
     Boehner can't get enough votes for show vote - (jay) - (19)
         Boehner is deflated -NT - (boxley) - (9)
             Deflated? - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
                 Geez, you're back! - (rcareaga) - (7)
                     Re: Geez, you're back! - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                         Oh, dear. Did I say that? - (rcareaga) - (5)
                             Well, there's what you said, - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                                 Yup. The lazy press at work. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                     Buenos Nachoes, my yama se Juan Bush 2020 for president -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                         How so? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             juan is hispanic and 8 years is a long time in politics -NT - (boxley)
         IOW, he continues to be the weakest Speaker in recent times. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Pierce weighs in - (rcareaga)
         Heard some conjecture that... - (jb4) - (6)
             You might want to... - (folkert) - (1)
                 Thanks, Greg. - (jb4)
             Difficult to do... - (malraux) - (3)
                 The Republican leadership has to stop playing Lucy. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Do you mean "Lucy"? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         D'Oh! -NT - (Another Scott)

No, your ass does that all on its own.
78 ms