IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Geez, you're back!
Old news, I see, but welcome nevertheless.

cordially,
New Re: Geez, you're back!
Yes, indeed.

Every time I see your posts, I am reminded of our last interaction relative to Hilary Clinton. While you were wrong about me being an outright misogynist, you were quite right about her talents. She has been a superb Secretary of State and would make a fine president.
Alex
New Oh, dear. Did I say that?
Well, I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now.

The prospect of a Hilary Clinton presidency has never warmed the cockles of my heart for reasons having nothing to do with her qualifications and character. Rather, I am nervous about the dynastic tendencies that have been creeping ever more conspicuously into our national politics. What would the presidential sequence of Bush-Clinton-Bush-Obama-Clinton say about us?

cordially,
New Well, there's what you said,
what you think you said, and what I thought you said at the time. The word skank comes to mind.

I'm with you on the dynastic tendencies bit.

Already Chelsey is being global exposure with a role in the Clinton Global Initiative. Generation after generation, the Kennedys can't stay out of politics either. And, on the right, there's always mention of Jeb Bush.
Alex
New Yup. The lazy press at work.
It's so much easier for political reporters to build a narrative in their heads, to hang out with the people they have always hung out with, etc., than to do the grunt work of seeing what's going on in the parties in the states.

I think one thing we can count on, no matter how inconvenient it is, that the personalities of politics will be unpredictable in the next 20 years or so.

I could be wrong, though... :-/

Cheers,
Scott.
New Buenos Nachoes, my yama se Juan Bush 2020 for president
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
New How so?
For what party?

You think the teabaggers are going to be crushed, or what?

You think the Republicans can throw away their 30+ year history of appealing to white resentment and the Democrats are going to roll over and let them take the Hispanic vote?

2020 is only 2 elections from now.

The national Republican brand is toxic. Things are similar to 1964, but worse, for them. They don't have a Nixon to save them this time.

People like O'Malley on the D side won't roll over for a Bush of any sort.

IOW, I don't see it.

YMMV.

Cheers,
Scott.
New juan is hispanic and 8 years is a long time in politics
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 57 years. meep
     Boehner can't get enough votes for show vote - (jay) - (19)
         Boehner is deflated -NT - (boxley) - (9)
             Deflated? - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
                 Geez, you're back! - (rcareaga) - (7)
                     Re: Geez, you're back! - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                         Oh, dear. Did I say that? - (rcareaga) - (5)
                             Well, there's what you said, - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                                 Yup. The lazy press at work. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                     Buenos Nachoes, my yama se Juan Bush 2020 for president -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                         How so? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             juan is hispanic and 8 years is a long time in politics -NT - (boxley)
         IOW, he continues to be the weakest Speaker in recent times. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Pierce weighs in - (rcareaga)
         Heard some conjecture that... - (jb4) - (6)
             You might want to... - (folkert) - (1)
                 Thanks, Greg. - (jb4)
             Difficult to do... - (malraux) - (3)
                 The Republican leadership has to stop playing Lucy. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Do you mean "Lucy"? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         D'Oh! -NT - (Another Scott)

Rebuild the remnant of the Obelisk, one mile from the pyramid.
98 ms