Welcome to IWETHEY!

New IRLRPD.
This is way too much.
- http://what-if.xkcd.com/21/

Indeed!

Cheers,
Scott.

New I love that plane
The GAU-8 Avenger fires up to sixty one-pound bullets a second. It produces almost five tons of recoil force, which is crazy considering that it’s mounted in a type of plane (the A-10 “Warthog”) whose two engines produce only four tons of thrust each. If you put two of them in one aircraft, and fired both guns forward while opening up the throttle, the guns would win and you’d accelerate backward.
--

Drew
New So then.. if 'we' confiscated ALL of the Gun-nuts' toys;
strapped them per diagram, then loaded shifts of Irate Deprived-Gun-Guys onto the platforms--each DGG threatening to secede because.. No Guns:

Set assembly on nearby beach at 45° elevation: Guns could disappear (and lots of the ammo hordes, in say ...
[calculates %gun-obsessed-with-abacus] ... well, a few weeks)
of diligent platform fab + amateur Launch Officers. Secessionists: no charge for the air-fare or peppy Bon Voyage Y'all!

National Idiocy Problem
Solved.

New Scientists...always making the solution too complicated.
Take the ammo from all the weapons. Place under a platform. Put gun nuts on top. Put detonator in ammo may require a few hundred kilos of plastic explosive spread out under the ammo to insure even lift. Signal detonator. Gun nuts fly. Problem solved.
     IRLRPD. - (Another Scott) - (3)
         I love that plane - (drook)
         So then.. if 'we' confiscated ALL of the Gun-nuts' toys; - (Ashton) - (1)
             Scientists...always making the solution too complicated. - (hnick)

MY SUGGESTIONS ARE THE RESULT OF COUNTLESS NANOSECONDS OF COGITATION! HOW DARE YOU REJECT THEM?!?
90 ms