IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Tape Drive support in XP
My father-in-law has and old Gateway Tower that came with a 1400 Jumbo tape drive. I am trying to get it to work in XP Pro on his new system; however, it doesn't work with the 9X driver. I also cannot find the XP driver for it. HP's site is confusing and basically says it has no support for the drive anymore beyond Windows 95/98. Any ideas?

Colorado (HP) 026-209 Rev A

Jumbo 1400

P/N 6000-0035

His CDRW drive should be his main backup drive, but I doubt he can use this new drive but I wanted to explore all the options before I tell him that it is too old to work with the latest Microsoft OS.

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New It's likely it won't work.
Microsoft have a history of phasing out drivers for older hardware as they upgrade their OS. Plus the driver model has changed a few times, which means the older drivers simply cannot be loaded, and the manufacturur would prefer to sell you a new tape drive than write new drivers for an old tape drive.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Re: Tape Drive support in XP
[link|http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%221400+Jumbo%22+drivers&hl=en&selm=3259C2E4.1E3E%40teleport.com&rnum=1|It looks like] HP may have given up on this drive back in the NT 4 days.
--
Chris Altmann
New Frell! Oh well!
Goodbye tape drive, and hope that he didn't back up anything important on those tapes he has?

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
     Tape Drive support in XP - (orion) - (3)
         It's likely it won't work. - (static)
         Re: Tape Drive support in XP - (altmann) - (1)
             Frell! Oh well! - (orion)

5000 years from now, they'll all be mystified and have their tourist pics snapped in front of it.
59 ms