IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Maybe a little of both
While I don't doubt that Micros~1 wouldn't stoop to such tactics, I don't believe that is their prime mover; I really believe that the General Corpulence is finally getting a clue that Micros~1 is not a good playmate, and they just don't want to play with them anymore.

(Or, certainly, not on Micros~1's terms, anyway...)
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New Re: Gartner said last year, MS had plan but no substance

on Web Services - in fact it was generaly said that MS's blueprint for Web Services appeared to be the best (but that always seemed more like an opinion than a fact to me). I have long believed that IBM's incredible cosying up to MS over Web Services was an IBM strategy to rush MS into a market they lacked the substance for but that IBM was well prepared for, by doing so IBM is expecting to 'rush' MS right over a precipice.

Sun has come to the party late but to its credit, doesn't have to do anywhere near the effort MS needed to do in order to come up with credible, scalable Web based middleware servers or middleware OOT (because of Java). In the Server dept - MS credibility is shot to bits, in the programming area - MS have a hell of a lot of work to do to morph VB into C#.

MS seems to have not worked out their revenue model for Web Services & appear to be facing the reality that people won't agree to having an MS money-drain tap attached directly to their revenue streams.

IBM plan to make their revenue through their Global Services org - MS don't have a credible service org.

Sun seem to be building one around web technologies.

Cheers

Doug

Edit#1:tidy grammar & clarify a few remarks

Expand Edited by dmarker2 April 24, 2002, 03:07:07 AM EDT
New Oooh - that is so sneaky of IBM! But I like it.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

Is M$ trying to chill the internet marketplace? - (bbronson) - (11)
         Right. - (Steve Lowe) - (3)
             Hey, this may be a good thing! - (jb4) - (2)
                 Y.M, "...is NOT the only one who...", right? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Right... - (jb4)
         Maybe a little of both - (jb4) - (2)
             Re: Gartner said last year, MS had plan but no substance - (dmarker2) - (1)
                 Oooh - that is so sneaky of IBM! But I like it. -NT - (static)
         DID you guys take a close look at the Register's header ??? - (dmarker2) - (3)
             Noticed but ignored; assumed advertisement - (bbronson)
             Naah, that's just an ad - think I've seen it often recently. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Went there with filters off.. - (Ashton)

*pssst* Wanna buy a watch?
39 ms