IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Then I'd suggest they ask...
Scott
[Quoting Bloomberg:]
By referring to the settlement only in passing, Gates may avoid being questioned about it under rules that confine cross-examination to the scope of the direct testimony.
Hmmm.
...*why* he does so.

"Mr Gates, isn't it true that the purpose of these hearings is to determine a remedy for the conduct your company has been judged guilty of?"

"Then why do you, the founder and biggest shareholder and 'eminence pas-tres-grise' of that company, not address that issue at all in your testimony???"

*That* ought to be a legitimate question, ought it not? "Goes to the witness' character / credibility / motivation", as they say in all those Merkin courtroom dramas we get on the boob toob.
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New Nah. Doesn'tt matter.
The fix is in. Remember, those doing cross-exam already conceded defeat (and claimed that they were unable to win) AFTER winning the case.

Don't expect any real questioning at all - expect, rather, that the 'prosecuton' will ask only questions that lead to the answers that Mr. Gates wants to answer.

US infotech is doomed. We in the US must now look overseas for low prices and innovation - and THAT will be subject to protectionist policies put into place for the sole purpose of protecting MS from competitive pressures (however the Feds rationalize thier actions - prolly in 9/11 terms, though)) or technologies that threaten it's monopoly holdings. I might remind you that the market responded to the MS's monopoly abuse by bypassing the supply&demand model entirely - expect the US to try and use it's own market clout to prop up that model (no matter how inappropriate it is to an industry without signifigant supply constraints) and it's biggest proponent amongst suppliers of 'soft' products.

Bottom line: Watch the actions of the DoJ make the US irrelevant WRT new information technology; watch the US get left behind.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Already happenning
You can read foriegn papers and see that more and more countries are making it the law of the land to only use free software to run government computers. Scandinavia, most of South America and ALL of China. that would be about a third of the population of the world. Perhaps not a third of the computer using population, but just give it time.
Don't blame me. I voted with the majority.
New I don't want to see it happen like this.
For all my griping, I do harbor some pretty deep patriotic feelings toward the US; I'd like us to participate in (and adapt to) the future, not to try and force it into the shape of the past... I think that course of action is doomed.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
     Gates to take the stand. - (admin) - (10)
         Interesting paragraph there. - (Brandioch) - (1)
             Re: Dumb move, MS. - (Silverlock)
         Testimony - Bloomberg story. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             Then I'd suggest they ask... - (CRConrad) - (3)
                 Nah. Doesn'tt matter. - (imric) - (2)
                     Already happenning - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         I don't want to see it happen like this. - (imric)
             Ummmm, isn't that the idea? - (Brandioch)
         Zero Tolerance - (tuberculosis) - (1)
             With ya.____But this be Murica-The-Corporation,___ y'know ? -NT - (Ashton)

Give a man a fish, and chances are you won't be asked to be in charge of buying a gift ‘from all of us’ anymore.
75 ms