IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 3 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Way around Orifice 2Kay registration
Well, my current client has bitten the bullet (among other things) and has completed the move to Orifice 2K (or is the Orifice tokay?) Anyway, I have installed it at home, so I don't have to come in when working on docs. Orifice was the first Micros~1 thing that required "registration"; this bitch uses nagware and the threat of shutting itself down after some number of uses if you don't register it.

Now I figure at least one of you have been placed in a similar situation, and don't particularly relish the thought of Micros~1's spyware poking around inside your computer to "register" a program. So my question is, is there a way around the registration process that permits me to use my software without having to ask permission? (A George Carlin routine about the "pill" comes to mind right about now...funny stuff...)
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New But it's not YOUR software
All you did was purchase a license to use THEIR software on your computer - isn't that what the EULA says?
lincoln
"Four score and seven years ago, I had a better sig"
New The only way I know of...
...would be to get your hands on an original Office 2k pre-SP1 CD. They didn't have the registration BS in there, and updating to SP1 didn't require you to register.

Other than that, I'd try google.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
     Way around Orifice 2Kay registration - (jb4) - (2)
         But it's not YOUR software - (lincoln)
         The only way I know of... - (inthane-chan)

I say first, medicinal wine from a teaspoon, then beer from a bottle!
52 ms