IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New $1K? Do they have a pool or something?
I work from home and have a number of computers that heat up my office so the AC runs quite a bit during the summer.

My highest electric last year was $250 for July. Lowest was $75 in November.

Highest gas was $35 for January, lowest was $19 for August.

Just installed a new AC unit, the radiator fins on the original unit from 99 were all corroded - a blast from the hose and they just fell off. The installer said the old unit was a SEER 10, the new one's SEER 15 so I'm expecting the electric bill to be lower this summer.
New I think they're just old-school people.
IIRC, they live outside Dallas, have a McMansion, probably have the lights on in every room all the time, and like the house to be at 70 F. I think he's a manager with some big defense contractor. They don't like the high bill, but think it's normal and don't think there's much they can do about it. :-/

That's mainly speculation though, based on my likely faulty recollection. But I think the $1k/month is right.

Cheers,
Scott.

Electricity, really - (crazy) - (16)
         Yes. - (Another Scott) - (15)
             Up to 3 cords now - (crazy) - (14)
                 Ouch. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                     I run 350 balanced electric and gas - (boxley)
                     Well, I'm pretty sloppy about energy . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                         200 W?!?! - (Another Scott) - (7)
                             Hmmmm . . . $80? - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                                 Our kitchen: - (malraux) - (1)
                                     Well, I also have . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 I suspect you'd REALLY like a couple of these bulbs - (crazy) - (2)
                                     How well do they meet the dimmable part of the spec? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                         None - (crazy)
                             well you could invest in candles and peanut oil lanterns - (boxley)
                     $1K? Do they have a pool or something? - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                         I think they're just old-school people. - (Another Scott)
                 Hmmm... - (folkert)

Sounds like a horse. Maybe it was.
80 ms