IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Meh... no 17" MBP.
WTF dudes... are they just driving themselves out of the traditional High End where tons of money lies?

I mean come the eff on.
New I think they made the right choice there.
If you've got eleventy zillion pixels on a 15" laptop screen, you really don't want to have to drag around a 17". If you do want more screen space, it's easy enough to plug in a 24"+ screen at a desk. (J's 13" MacBook Pro has a 24" screen, a mouse, and a keyboard attached to it.)

A couple of years ago a guy visited at work and dragged out his 17" MacBook Pro. It was almost comical it was so big. ;-)

Maybe Apple's "really great" thing next year will be something like a stackable MacMini - You want 24 CPUs and RAID 15? Buy 6 of these boxes and stack them together with their Thunderbolt interfaces. You want portability? Take one with you. I suspect they're not that far ahead of the industry, though... With fast enough interfaces, and a sensible OS that can do distributed computing, it shouldn't be out of the question.

Oh, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back the 17" in a Retina version - they're probably just not available yet. If someone really wants a 17", there are a bunch in the Refurbished part of the Apple store. The maximum resolution is 1900 x 1200.

FWIW. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New I disagree... but oh well.
I've never been the "target audience" of Apple...

They are making strides to keep it that way.
New 'tis Ok. I don't have exclusive rights to being right. :-)
     Apple updated the MacPro after all. - (Another Scott) - (9)
         hmm - no USB3 or Thunderbolt... -NT - (SpiceWare) - (1)
             Yup. They seem to have done the minimum necessary. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Tim claims "really great" update in 2013. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Isn't the standard at Apple "Insanely Great!"? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Meh... no 17" MBP. - (folkert) - (3)
             I think they made the right choice there. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 I disagree... but oh well. - (folkert) - (1)
                     'tis Ok. I don't have exclusive rights to being right. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)

Let's defend ourselves with a bunch of convertible tanks!
77 ms