IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Looking for Mozilla help
You should be able to set the colors to anything you like with a bit of manual file editing.

The basic Mozilla preferences are in a file called prefs.js. Rather then edit this file manually, you should create a file called user.js in the same directory. Then copy any lines from prefs.js you want to change into user.js and edit them there.

The advantage of user.js is that Mozilla will read this file but doesn't change it, so you won't have problems with Mozilla undoing or altering changes.

You should be looking for a line that looks something like this.

user_pref("browser.display.background_color", "#AAAAAA");

If you can't find what you are looking for, go into Mozilla and change the value to something other then the default and then exit Mozilla. This will force Mozilla to put the value in the prefs.js if it wasn't already there.

[link|http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html|Customzing Mozilla] covers this in more detail.

Jay

New Re: Looking for Mozilla help
Thanks for the help, Jay! I figured there must be some way to set it up the way I wanted to (it would be so un-OpenSource otherwise...)
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New It has other bugs.
I suppose that eventually I'll find a way around the worst. I use the Mail part, unlike most here - as it was trivial to convert lots of old NS mail and bookmarks. (I use bookmarks as a kind of data-base; inefficient but.. handy for my limited purposes. So.. bm file is > 1M)

Currently it EATS the 'cut' in cut&paste, losing me a whole folder of bookmarks I'll have to retrieve and convert from backups. It can't remember which scroll-bar the arrow keys should operate in (often defaults to NONE). So much for its 'bookmark management' (til I find the workaround, prolly negating the fancy new convenience features).

At least.. it didn't eat all the old mail - impressively converted it all, apparently flawlessly. That makes up for the cruft which suggests notmuch testing [this-all on 98-lite assisted / dejunked W98SE].

{sigh} Guess I'm grateful that they can do This much - despite being built on THIS infrastructure. Only a few hard-crashes, seemingly assoc. with an occasional cockamamie site; could be from WW filters or ZA firewall s/ware too.. (I leave jscript OFF mostly, too). It replaced NS 4.5 (!)

Windoze stability illustrated:

-*-

{{\\______/}}
___\\____/
____\\__/
_____\\/____
//////////////

_*_ = a fly about to land

Ashton
yeah.. yeah.. 98 WILL be my last sleeping with the Enemy, when I get a round tuit...

New Unstable on Solaris under Gnome
It locks up a few times a day on my Solaris box
New If Galeon builds on Solaris...
...I recommend you try that.

It's substantially lighter than Moz, as it uses only the Gecko rendering engine, and not the XUL/XPCOM infrastructure that Moz does. It's my browser of choice.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
     Looking for Mozilla help - (jb4) - (9)
         Information. - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Re: Information. - (jb4) - (2)
                 Re: Information. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Nah, this is a new machine - (jb4)
         Re: Looking for Mozilla help - (JayMehaffey) - (4)
             Re: Looking for Mozilla help - (jb4) - (3)
                 It has other bugs. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Unstable on Solaris under Gnome - (bluke) - (1)
                         If Galeon builds on Solaris... - (pwhysall)