IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I hear I was on Robot Wars in the US last weekend...
Don't have cable myself, so I can't confirm. But a friend tells me he saw me with Rocky Bot-Boa over the weekend. It might have been "our episode", in which case we fought the Bat and a couple others.

This is just in case any of you characters were looking to expose my web of robot lies. ;) My meager robot page is at [link|http://www.aminus.org/rbre/robotics/default.htm|[link|http://www.aminus.org/rbre/robotics/default.htm|http://www.aminus.o.../default.htm]]
---------------------------------
A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
New Server down, bad link, or something wrong on my side?
New Dunno. Works here.
Cheap ISP, though. It goes in and out. I need to move to 768K symmetric.
---------------------------------
A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
New Dunno about 'Extreme', but RW is still on KTEH-54
most late-night Sundays = early Mon. Sometimes one half-hour show; sometimes two in a row. Guess that's just a fraction of the action - which seems to be on TNN-cable. Almost.. enough to cause me to consider hooking up to the wire just outside on the phone pole - beckoning. Almost.

Don't recall seeing the robot names on your linked sponsor's list, in action - on the KTEH version. Also, since this station buys lots of things that aren't on PBS' distro - maybe I'm lucky to have seen any of the Robot Wars stuff at all.

Ca't remember the name of the quite popular guy/team (or even robot name) who wins a lot but.. he seems genuinely er humbly surprised! This one will often ram into a house robot which is attacking a competitor. Also, and especially after vanquishing his matchmate - likes to taunt Sgt. Bash et al, sometimes damaging or (in the King of the Hill variant) winning by out-pulling or knocking a house robot off the round contest area, onto the floor.

Nice combo of technical merit + personality. Am in accord with the crowd on this one. Offing a super-heavy house machine looks like the Most fun of all!

WTF is Cal Tech?! Oughtta be right up the latest crop's alley, and they've been messing with robotics since day 1.

Ashton
New Heh. Good story about the house robots.
We had the UK version on AU TV a few months ago. There was a knockout section where the contestant had to try to stay in the ring the longest against the house robot. Most contestants got pushed out after only a few seconds, but one did something very original: it pushed its wedge under the front of the house robot: The house robot was stuck! Since there was a timeout of a minute, their time was on the table as 60 seconds. It really stood out against all the other listings...

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Teaches us: smart beats Big.. most every time - robots too.
     I hear I was on Robot Wars in the US last weekend... - (tseliot) - (5)
         Server down, bad link, or something wrong on my side? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Dunno. Works here. - (tseliot)
         Dunno about 'Extreme', but RW is still on KTEH-54 - (Ashton) - (2)
             Heh. Good story about the house robots. - (static) - (1)
                 Teaches us: smart beats Big.. most every time - robots too. -NT - (Ashton)

How much more blacker could this album cover get? None more blacker.
74 ms