IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dang!
I bought a new fruit at an Asian market the other day, called a Star Apple.

Turned out to be Central American and Caribbean fruit, but now heavily cultivated in Vietnam.

So, it's a variety of Sapote. "No problem", I though this afternoon, "I'll add it to my Sapota page".

Agggg!! - Sapote page returns a 404!

Checked local - yes, there was a Sapote page, but it was just a list of names.

Well, lots of hard work, but there is now a Sapote page.
http://www.clovegard...ed/so_sapote.html

Now, there's this really weird mustard plant (Wa Wa Choy) I got at the same time - well at least I know I have a page for that.

Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus March 23, 2012, 01:23:01 AM EDT
New Neat. I found a sprinkling of typos.
Do I get a prize? ;-)

Franz Eugen Köhler, copyright expired..
- extra period.

Sapodilla &nsp; -
- missing 'b' perhaps?

Photo by distributed
- Missing name (in the Shea nut section.) TinEye gives 6 sources for it, if you've lost the information on him/her - http://www.tineye.co...e04b7bde04d7f240/

That's all I found. It's devilish of you to put them in there. :-)

Neat stuff and very informative. Thanks. HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks . . .
. . but only three?

Considering I worked as fast as I could go and read it through only once, I'm surprised there weren't more.

Yes, I do know where that photo came from and will fix the missing attribution.

Because I'm a stickler about copyright the photos I use are by me if possible (I had only three ready for this page, though), from Wikimedia or purchased from iStock.

BigStockPhoto is usually more expensive because they don't have an extra small size. Fotola is totally useless. They have no description field so how can you know what the photo is actually of?
New Re: Dang!
Here is a screenshot of the issue I have... while in Chrome 17.X

Notice how wide it is...

If I go below about 950 pixel in width, it looks proper, without the indention and is stacked properly. Then if I make it wide again, it looks proper. I have completely refresh to get it to look wrong again. Also happens in FireFox v3.6.19 and FireFox v10.x. Of course, I haven't looked using anything other than that dowdy Linux Operating System.

http://www.gregfolke...e_page_issues.png

Cheers. Looks pretty good otherwise.
New I've seen Safari and Chrome do that . . .
. . but not Firefox or Internet Explorer. It appears to be a rendering defect in the browsers - they are not properly dealing with [br clear="left"].

I've tried fixing that several ways but nothing has worked. I have certified pages that Safari and Chrome displayed that way with W3C as completely correct. Perhaps the later Firefox has adopted code from Chrome? I still use mostly 2.0.0.12 because later version under OS/2 have problems with printing, font placement and performance.

It has been suggested that I do the [/p] before the [br], which I did do when I first started, but browsers then totally lost it when they tried to locate a [name="xxx"]. Placing the [/p] after the [br] fixed that problem.
New Tried it on my Windows XP machine.
IE works fine. Latest Firefox works fine. Chrome still screws up the rendering. When I move the right margin either way, even slightly, the rendering is corrected, but a refresh will then get it screwed up again.

If Chrome doe it, so will Safari (they use the same rendering engine).
New OK, I gave it exact width and height for every image.
That hasn't always worked, but Chrome does a lot better now - not perfect every time, but definitely better.
New Whoah, how is that used?
... wood so hard it does not float and can't be nailed ...

That sounds pretty awesome. And awesomely hard to work with.
--

Drew
New pegs and dowels. Termite resistant
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New It's used quite a bit for furniture . . .
. . and you can use nails - you just have to drill first.
New That's what she said...
     Dang! - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
         Neat. I found a sprinkling of typos. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Thanks . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Dang! - (folkert) - (3)
             I've seen Safari and Chrome do that . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 Tried it on my Windows XP machine. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     OK, I gave it exact width and height for every image. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Whoah, how is that used? - (drook) - (3)
             pegs and dowels. Termite resistant -NT - (boxley)
             It's used quite a bit for furniture . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             That's what she said... -NT - (Steve Lowe)

Armed with WoMS*.

*(Weapons of Mass *SHUN*)
50 ms