1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Energy Recovery Ventilation?
This is further out than your usual...
New erv as in elevatorgate
http://furiouspurpose.me/tag/erv/
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Hardly.
https://www.google.c...rch?q=tbogg+women

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New from yer link
http://crayfisher.wo...a-misogynist-pig/
ervite
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Read him in his posts. In context.
New he supports women the same way Rand supports Israelis
nice folk but not qualified to make decisions for themselves.
Anyway, the President should call Bristol, but not during the day because she will be at her job as the assistant skin exfoliater trainee at Merle Norman and her boss won’t let her take personal phones calls while she’s working because she’s a total bitch.
its called slut shaming, no different from the erv who claimed that since he liberated bosnian rape camps, he is more qualified than a woman to determine what is oppression. Never mind that from his picture he must have joined the army at 10 years old.
from a post elsewhere
okay, a lib friend of mine posted a link to the following. I then posted that he needed his SO to explain privilege to him. Was I wrong?
http://tbogg.firedog...ntial-booty-call/

Single Mom Waiting For Her Presidential Booty Call | TBogg
tbogg.firedoglake.com
Future grandmother-at-34 and mother of one or two kids depending upon whether you’re Andrew Sullivan, Bristol Palin has a blog now! And instead of
Like · · Unfollow Post · Share · 22 hours ago

Llewelly Foo you were right. This is out-and-out slut shaming - although it's not as awful as some of the garbage TBogg has posted in the past.
dont think much of TBogg at all
New Question
Isn't slut shaming when you criticize a woman for the same sexual habits that you would have no problem with from a man?

Suggesting that someone is stupid, or low-class, or white trash, or any of the other things I see people saying about various Palins, may not be very polite, but I don't think it's slut shaming.

And besides that, when people try to act as spokespeople for "family values" while living a life blatantly at odds with what the espouse, well that's not slut shaming it's calling out hypocrisy.
--

Drew
New Re: Question
http://finallyfemini...-is-slut-shaming/
Put in the most simple terms, slut-shaming happens when a person “publicly or privately [insults] a woman because she expressed her sexuality in a way that does not conform with patriarchal expectations for women” (Kat, Slut-Shaming vs. Rape Jokes). It is enabled by the idea that a woman who carries the stigma of being a slut — ie. an “out-of-control, trampy female” — is “not worth knowing or caring about” (Tanenbaum, p. 240).
title of nothers link
Single Mom Waiting For Her Presidential Booty Call
(fits description)
Future grandmother-at-34 and mother of one or two kids depending upon whether you’re Andrew Sullivan
asserts her sexual activities are out of mainstream
Which is about how Bristol wants a phone call from President Black Obama just like that one he made to that slutty college girl, because Bristol had no birth control either and she’s got the baby to prove it so, hah!, she wins! LOL!:
tad obvious what it is

New Ref: "satire" and "hypocrisy"
This can really easily degenerate into, "He started it!" But I read that article as more along the lines of speck vs. plank -- http://www.biblegate...3A3-5&version=NIV
--

Drew
New One could write a book about Palin venality stupidity and
vacuousness without ever touching sexuality but he went there, and only there.
My two cents
New Re: Question

Future grandmother-at-34 and mother of one or two kids depending upon whether you’re Andrew Sullivan

asserts her sexual activities are out of mainstream

Actually, yes, they are. Where I grew up most women I knew didn't become grandmothers until their mid 40s at the earliest.

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New thank you for confirming my point
New Nobody's asking you to like him.
http://tbogg.firedog...d-about-aborting/

This is one of those ” What Digby said” posts. Go read.

Keep in mind that all of these roadblocks designed to keep women from choosing a perfectly legal medical procedure aren’t about shaming them, it’s about giving them the information they need because a woman who is obviously too stupid to realize that her ‘condition’ may result in a baby is exactly the kind of person society wants raising that child when it magically appears.

(If it's not clear, that's sarcasm in the 2nd paragraph. That's what TBogg does.)

What did digby say? http://digbysblog.bl...ion-pregnant.html

No, TBogg doesn't hate women. Among other things, he has a daughter that he posts about all the time ("the L&T Casey") - he has some idea of how hard it is being a woman in this society. (I think that's why he seems to have an extra helping of venom for Republicans who want to mess around with what women do with their bodies. Just a guess, though.)

He goes after the Palins because he regards them as cynical grifters and he (apparently) feels that if they're so desperate to be in the popular press, on TV, and on the 'tubes, well, he'll be happy to make fun of them. E.g.

2008: http://tbogg.firedog...going-to-go-well/
2009: http://tbogg.firedog...by-in-the-corner/
2010: http://tbogg.firedog...tic-grifter-girl/
2011: http://tbogg.firedog...ith-student-body/

My $0.02. FWIW. HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Like or dislike has nothing to do with it
I called him on content and you portrayed him as a champion of women's rights. I then pointed out that you need "privilege" explained to you. You demurred and continued to point out that TBoggs was ok. Thats fine, its okay that you dont get it.
New Your sarcasm detector is broken. That's Ok.
New Ah, so where is his watermelon and fried chicken article
New ...
     IRLRPD. - (Another Scott) - (35)
         Re: IRLRPD. - (folkert)
         neat! ask j to explain privilege to you -NT - (boxley) - (32)
             Eh? Ask DRL to explain 'narcissism" to you. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (31)
                 so slut shaming is a cure for narcissism? -NT - (boxley) - (30)
                     Eh? - (Another Scott) - (29)
                         So a dem gets picked on by limbough - (boxley) - (28)
                             Interesting view. I think you need better glasses. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (27)
                                 You can't buy that many shades of gray - (crazy) - (26)
                                     not me with the black and white issue - (boxley) - (25)
                                         Do me a favor, please. - (Another Scott) - (24)
                                             this silliness is not the issue - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 You think she was going meta? - (drook)
                                                 Re: this silliness is not the issue - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     She shouldn't expect a call from Maher either. OpEd at NYT. - (Another Scott)
                                             Wow - (drook) - (19)
                                                 I'm not sure he's pretending... :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                 TBogg is a well know ERV -NT - (boxley) - (17)
                                                     Energy Recovery Ventilation? - (hnick) - (16)
                                                         erv as in elevatorgate - (boxley) - (15)
                                                             Hardly. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                                                 from yer link - (boxley) - (13)
                                                                     Read him in his posts. In context. -NT - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                                         he supports women the same way Rand supports Israelis - (boxley) - (11)
                                                                             Question - (drook) - (5)
                                                                                 Re: Question - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                                     Ref: "satire" and "hypocrisy" - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                         One could write a book about Palin venality stupidity and - (boxley)
                                                                                     Re: Question - (lincoln) - (1)
                                                                                         thank you for confirming my point -NT - (boxley)
                                                                             Nobody's asking you to like him. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                                 Like or dislike has nothing to do with it - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                     Your sarcasm detector is broken. That's Ok. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                         Ah, so where is his watermelon and fried chicken article -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                             ... -NT - (Another Scott)
         this sentence says it all - (lincoln)

A taste of the local Surf n'Quaff.
96 ms