IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why PHB's shouldn't write up want ads
I just read a want ad from a health insurance company that wanted a System Administrator with 2 to 3 years of Active Directory experience. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Active Directory come out with Windows 2000, which is just about 2 years old? Or maybe they want someone who worked on the Beta?

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Happens a lot
I once responded to an ad looking for a C++ programmer with 8 years of experience in 1995. I phoned them up and told them that I thank maybe there are 4 people in the world with that qualification and they are likely all engaged at Bell Labs.
The average hunter gatherer works 20 hours a week.
The average farmer works 40 hours a week.
The average programmer works 60 hours a week.
What the hell are we thinking?
New I believe you
also when they want 10 years of Java, I wonder what drugs they were smoking when they made such a request? But then, I have seen people with resumes where they flat out lied about experience. There are actually people who claim to have 10 years of Java, 5 years of Windows 2000/XP, 3 years of Visual Studio.NET, etc. I wonder if HR approves of these people while throwing resumes of people who told the truth in the trash?

Best I can do is 5 years of .NET and related technologies (IIS, Visual Studio, Visual BASIC, etc).

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
     Why PHB's shouldn't write up want ads - (orion) - (2)
         Happens a lot - (tuberculosis) - (1)
             I believe you - (orion)

I am Xatptipltical, Frog God of Crap!
35 ms