IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'd be moving it out of the rewrite.
IMO, mod_rewrite is a solution for when it's clearly not the application's problem. I've seen unmaintainable messes of rewrite rules and have no wish to encourage that in the apps I support. :-(

Trouble is, this decision is rarely cut-n-dried. I would be trying to push it into the application, even as you're trying for a mod_rewrite solution. All Java frameworks have hooks to hang classes to sort this out, if they can't or won't fix it in the controlllers or actions. Maybe encourage the devs to think of it as a competition. :-)

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New ed zachery
as it is my httpd.conf has 11k+ lines of rewrites
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Hey, Scott ...
Bet you can't do a shapes example in mod_rewrite.
--

Drew
New its easy enuff
if you rewrite the query string in it entirety. It appears that substring manipulations are out of bounds, although I havn't looked at the mod_rewrite source code yet.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
     apache mod_rewrite question - (boxley) - (8)
         Do you really need the QSA? - (scoenye) - (3)
             tried that - (boxley) - (2)
                 It is possible... - (scoenye) - (1)
                     thanx, turns out the rewrite doesnt help as the app - (boxley)
         I'd be moving it out of the rewrite. - (static) - (3)
             ed zachery - (boxley) - (2)
                 Hey, Scott ... - (drook) - (1)
                     its easy enuff - (boxley)

Spiderman! Spiderman! Does whatever a spider can!
76 ms