IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Any Kylix fans here?
I bought it, but haven't done a thing with it.

I'm just curious how well it took off. I suspect it didn't. Delphi didn't make it in the Windoze world, no need to expect that it would in the Free World either.

If I don't get any replies, I'll assume the user base here is 0, which would put it only modestly behind the Windows base.
New CRC is your man here...
Seems to me he muttered something about trying it
and that he thought it was slightly better than VB,
if memory serves ;-)
New I've played with it
I've bought the 1.0 version and have been playing with it ever since. I've been working on and off to develope an RPG in Kylix, which isn't as unlikely as it sounds because the SDL library has a set of Delphi/Kylix headers.

Kylix seems to have a fairly active community around it, in part because the Kylix / Delphi compatibility works.

Kylix 1.0 is a little rough around the edges though, I'll probably cough up for Kylix 2.0 soon.

As for anybody using it professionally, I don't know of any. I suspect that if anybody is, it's like Delphi. Delphi's user base is built out of small and midsized companies that use it internally. Thus it gets very little publicity.

Jay
     Any Kylix fans here? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
         CRC is your man here... - (slugbug)
         I've played with it - (JayMehaffey)

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
50 ms