IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ok... more explanation please.
I'm not discounting you words, just that, exactly how is it diets are meaningful to the discussion about the US being a Christian Nation and just plain doesn't want to do what is mandated by Jesus.

Huh?

Believe me, things have gotten really bad in the poor and needy category in the US. 25% of children don't have a consistent food supply to eat and grow properly.

I know this, my wife and I watch 3 boys (being 1/3rd of our total number of kids) that every time they get watched, they GORGE themselves on food, because its there and because they don't ever know if they are going to have a meal soon. The mother is basically a "non-rule follower" and gets canned or she quits her jobs in two to three weeks. She has had about 40 jobs in the 5 years we have known her. She works in "massage parlors" now after being a stripper for 12 years... the years haven't been kind to her. So her boys suffer because she just doesn't get it. We give to her for her boys... things that can't be "transferred" into cash or "traded" for other stuff.

Its truly amazing at how this "system" Boxley is complaining about contributes to the problems they are trying to fix... and now dis-inventive-izing savings? Forcing them to live like that.

Come the eff on. It forcing a circular pattern that cannot be gotten out of due to regulations now.

Right on man! Lets keep the poor, poor by restricting any "getting out of the gutter" behaviors.
New To be clear...
Too few words are being used in this thread, especially by Box.

I'm not saying that I think that dietary rules are the same as the Golden Rule. I'm not saying that Box believes that either. I was taking Box's comments as a starting point and drawing a reasonable inference.

Lots of people argue that Jesus fulfilled the OT prophecies by throwing out the OT rules, or something, so that the rules in Leviticus don't apply any more. Except when they do. :-/

But, AFAIK, none of the great religious minds these days argues that the 'second greatest commandment' doesn't still apply - http://www.biblegate...36-40&version=KJV - they just ignore it when it's convenient.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New ya'll yank out the pieces you like from the bible and wave
em around to suit your narrow purposes. The minute someone else steps up and mentioned what about these other bits ya'll start whining "that's different" Now Greg, I know you were sloganeering, I just don't like religious sloganeering (unless I am promoting my own view of coarse)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Awww
I love it when people yank anything out of the bible to argue against the bible.
Like shooting fish in a barrel, not really fair, way too easy, but there you have it.

Any bible (any of them, any edition, and translation), all have the same validity as Dianetics.
     'So what if America is the most religious nation?' - (Ashton) - (13)
         Colbert nails it - (drook) - (11)
             Yep, 'the whole hog ... including the postage' - (Ashton)
             Re: Colbert nails it - (folkert) - (9)
                 so when are you goin to quit eating shrimp? -NT - (boxley) - (8)
                     I don't eat... - (folkert) - (7)
                         bacon then, or mayonaise on yer burger -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                             Get to your point man. - (folkert) - (5)
                                 Obeying dietary rules is the same as Neighbor == Self. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                     Ok... more explanation please. - (folkert) - (3)
                                         To be clear... - (Another Scott)
                                         ya'll yank out the pieces you like from the bible and wave - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Awww - (crazy)
         According to who? - (beepster)

Sorry about the mass of technical details.
56 ms