IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Um, no.
Is there some dispute that the overwhelming number of humans is heterosexual that I am unaware of? I don't give a flip what anyone does, but calling homosexual behavior normal behavior in humans is insane.
New Re: Um, no.
Its not the use of "normal" getting you in trouble.

Its the use of "deviant" that is getting you in trouble. And not necessarily because its textbook incorrect...its the negative connotation it brings..as much as it would be if you used "abnormal" to counter "normal".
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Forgive for being "textbook correct". :0)

New Yes, there is a dispute
Sexual preference, as has already been stated in this thread, is a spectrum, not a binary setting. To say that "the overwhelming number of humans is heterosexual" requires that "is heterosexual" is binary: you are or you aren't.

You're going to have to prove that premise before you can argue from it.
--

Drew
New So, your conjecture is...
That it is a minority of human beings who are "purely heterosexual" and have no proclivities for members of their own sex, barn animals, what have you. Is that it?

That's a two-boggle for the price of one.
New DING!
You just put gender preference on the same plane as bestiality. Want to throw in pedophilia and go for the trifecta?
--

Drew
New Consequence of the argument you made.
YOUR claim was that I was wrong to submit that heterosexual behavior was the norm. The point I was making to YOU was that you could throw in every single other type of sexual behavior known among humans and heterosexual behavior WOULD STILL be present in greater numbers than all the rest. Making it the norm. HTH.
New Still framing it as "behavior" ... still wrong
--

Drew
New The existence of the species tells me I'm right.
New Go read my book quote
and you know you'd be wrong since heterosexuality has nothing to do with the furthering of the species.
New Re: Go read my book quote
Now you're "over-smarting"..same as that piece.

At is most basic, sex is all about procreation. The problem is, it feels good ;-)
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Easy googleable targets get knocked down
     "Like any other normal couple"? - (mmoffitt) - (68)
         Yeah, why not? -NT - (drook) - (53)
             Normal Couple? - (mmoffitt) - (52)
                 Re: Normal Couple? - (pwhysall) - (49)
                     "Normal" couple != "Normal couple". - (mmoffitt) - (48)
                         Gay is perfectly natural. - (pwhysall) - (21)
                             Being Black or White is not behavior. - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                                 Two things - (drook) - (13)
                                     That's an argument I'm not making. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                         So, mmoffitt... - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                             Assuming your facts. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                 and yet, there seems something else at work here - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                     There may be something else, I'll grant. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                         Nah. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                             In general, I do find public displays inappropriate. - (mmoffitt)
                                         you have to get to 50% to be normal. - (boxley) - (3)
                                             Not what I said. And you know it. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                 No, that's *exactly* what you said -NT - (drook)
                                             You deviate you -NT - (crazy)
                                     It used to be - (scoenye) - (1)
                                         Yup, my mother went to Catholic school - (drook)
                                 No, it's an insult when claimed something isn't normal - (crazy) - (2)
                                     Re: No, it's an insult when claimed something isn't normal - (beepster) - (1)
                                         Time and demographics - (crazy)
                                 So... - (folkert)
                                 re: It's an abuse of the word normal - (altmann) - (1)
                                     :0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         gasp - (beepster)
                         Are American Indians "deviant"? - (drook) - (22)
                             It's called English. And I know how to use it. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (21)
                                 Yup. Inflammatorily - (crazy) - (20)
                                     Um, no. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                         Re: Um, no. - (beepster) - (1)
                                             Forgive for being "textbook correct". :0) - (mmoffitt)
                                         Yes, there is a dispute - (drook) - (10)
                                             So, your conjecture is... - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                                 Enjoy - (crazy)
                                                 DING! - (drook) - (7)
                                                     Consequence of the argument you made. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                         Here, a quiz for you - (crazy)
                                                         Still framing it as "behavior" ... still wrong -NT - (drook) - (4)
                                                             The existence of the species tells me I'm right. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                 Go read my book quote - (crazy) - (2)
                                                                     Re: Go read my book quote - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                         Easy googleable targets get knocked down -NT - (crazy)
                                     Re: Yup. Inflammatorily - (beepster) - (5)
                                         B.S. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                             see my other post. -NT - (beepster)
                                             "accepted" - (drook) - (2)
                                                 The species. HTH. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     You asked it? -NT - (drook)
                         You're applying statistical definitions... - (static)
                         yes normal - (boxley)
                 Human sexuality is powerful and erratic. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     There's a reason they call it "vanilla". - (static)
         It really depends on how you read that, doesn't it? - (Another Scott) - (2)
             It's much more fun to use technically accurate, loaded words - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Project much? -NT - (drook)
         Took a day, but I figured out the problem - (drook) - (10)
             no boggle zone? cmon, mikey can boggle and we can educate - (boxley) - (1)
                 Hmmmmm. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             I thought it was just a boring problem of definition. -NT - (static)
             wrong on one count - (beepster) - (2)
                 Which SW has already admitted to being wrong about - (crazy) - (1)
                     right, wrong dont matter - (beepster)
             I took a few days, too. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                 This is why scientists can't do politics - (drook) - (2)
                     Right - that's the real problem. - (mmoffitt)
                     Re: This is why scientists can't do politics - (pwhysall)

Come sweet slumber, enshroud me in thy purple cloak.
95 ms