Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New any idea on the following rewrite issue
from my log
applying pattern '^/h/d/(.*)' to uri /h/d/blah/blah/foo_bar
the next line is
pass through /h/d/blah/blah/foo_bar

shouldnt the rule pickup the line and rewrite the url?
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Missing $ at end of pattern?
New Waitaminnit
Is the line you're trying to match on

If that's the case, it's not matching because your regex starts with a caret, so it will only match where the line starts with '/h/d'
--

Drew
New Huh
It SHOULD match, ie:
I read his post as this is the pat:
^/h/d/(.*)

And this is what he's trying to match (he's not great at asking questions, sorry box):
/h/d/blah/blah/foo_bar

In that case, it SHOULD, except, I'm not sure of the use capturing parenthesis on this regexp (should work fine in perl, I'd need to read up on the web server side), and if not needed, I'd drop them.

Also, no anchoring trailing $ should be required. The ".*" should match everything up to the end of the string.
New Read him in his posts
the next line is

That why I asked what I did. If the line that isn't matching does begin with the string "pass through " as it does in his post, that's why it ain't matching.
--

Drew
New Calumny!
New oooOOOooo
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Well box, did I misread?
If so, yup, get rid of the carat.
New Hm. I turned that in "passed through"
As in "the regex didn't match and it passed through unmolested" in English.
New Log formatting.
The text "pass through " is from the logger and is not part of the string being processed.

Wade.
Static Scribblings http://staticsan.blogspot.com/
New what he said and crazy, mod_rewrite is perl regex
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Do the slashes need to be escaped?
--

Drew
New No. And . will match them as well.
New Stupid question... Is mod_rewrite on at that level?
New My first thought as well.
New yes, it is on as well as the rewrite logging
New Up the log level?
http://martinmelin.s...rite-rule-tester/

Tool pretty much confirms your rule should work as stated so something appears to be interfering with it.
New its at 9
but my httpd.conf is 8k lines long, my secondary httpd.conf.secondPort is 4k lines long. I can retire in 9 years it might take me that long to clean it up
New Scratching head...
A quick peek at the logging code shows it will say "pass through" for a number of reasons, not only a failed match.

Processing will be stopped immediately if the NS (ignore on subrequest) or R (force redirect) flags are encountered; P (force proxy) and L (last rule) can also cause it (although I'm not sure of the exact circumstances), and so does using C (chain) on the last rule in a set. A failed RewriteCond will also trigger it.

As far as I can see, none of these condition will cause any other log messages to be written.

New think I found it
on the machine that works (for various versions of works) it gets caught up in an earlier rule and reroutes. I found by moving it up the order it did what I had asked it to.
     any idea on the following rewrite issue - (boxley) - (19)
         Missing $ at end of pattern? -NT - (scoenye)
         Waitaminnit - (drook) - (17)
             Huh - (crazy) - (5)
                 Read him in his posts - (drook) - (4)
                     Calumny! -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         oooOOOooo -NT - (beepster)
                     Well box, did I misread? - (crazy) - (1)
                         Hm. I turned that in "passed through" - (scoenye)
             Log formatting. - (static) - (10)
                 what he said and crazy, mod_rewrite is perl regex -NT - (boxley) - (9)
                     Do the slashes need to be escaped? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         No. And . will match them as well. -NT - (scoenye)
                     Stupid question... Is mod_rewrite on at that level? -NT - (scoenye) - (6)
                         My first thought as well. -NT - (folkert)
                         yes, it is on as well as the rewrite logging -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                             Up the log level? - (scoenye) - (3)
                                 its at 9 - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Scratching head... - (scoenye) - (1)
                                         think I found it - (boxley)

Well, after thinking it over for a few hours, the toilet decided to work.
76 ms