IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New WebForms
I haven't played with it much, having no outstanding need to upgrade at this point.

What I found disappointing, though, was the WebForms interface. Lots of things look pretty on the surface, but they generate ugly code and much inefficiency in the process. Most everything is geared towards an event based interface for the server part of the equation - leaving the generation of much of the client code lacking - not to mention that I hate having to go through those dang wizards to futz with the database calls.

Only positive aspect that I see is that they have apparently given up on using Active-X for web based applications - heavily promoting Java, um, I mean .Net as the one true way.
New Chris, just out of curiosity...
...what's your opinion on [link|http://www.atozedsoftware.com/intraweb.html|ATOZED Software's IntraWeb]? IIRC, you have Delphi, so... Tried it? Any thoughts? Is this anything like those "WebForms"?

Curiously,
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New Looks similar...
...though I'd need to play with both a little more before drawing any firm conclusions. As usual, the Delphi community does the prior artwork. :-)
     C#/.NET framework/Visual Studio .NET - (inthane-chan) - (11)
         Section collapse feature... - (admin) - (6)
             No argument there... - (inthane-chan)
             Hejlsberg's innovation wasn't just "inserting code"... - (CRConrad)
             So how do I use it - (drewk) - (2)
                 One way: - (admin) - (1)
                     This is nice - (drewk)
             It was the best thing about the ISPF editor on MVS - (Meerkat)
         WebForms - (ChrisR) - (2)
             Chris, just out of curiosity... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Looks similar... - (ChrisR)
         It is my bread and butter so far - (orion)

Hello, world.
39 ms