IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Section collapse feature...
... otherwise known as a [link|http://www.scintilla.org/|folding editor].

Inserting code from a form generating tool is old hat too. :-)

No one ever said MS couldn't put together other people's ideas in a nice-looking package... ;-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New No argument there...
...I consciously kept from using the word "innovation" in that review because I was certain, without looking for it, that somebody had already done it. :)
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New Hejlsberg's innovation wasn't just "inserting code"...
Da Scott:
Inserting code from a form generating tool is old hat too. :-)
...as a one-way ("form generating tool" --> code) process, but making it two-way: Edit the properties in code, and the "generated" form changes to reflect your changes.

No no no, I'm not saying he "innovated" that in C# -- this was way back in Delphi 1, in 1994. (If MS can't get at other people's ideas any other way, they just buy the people.)
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New So how do I use it
I just took a look at it. If I understand right, it's a .dll that you can use to add code editing to any other application. Can I add it to an existing, compiled product like HomeSite? Or is it only used to add the component to a new product you're writing?

HomeSite does allow me to select the code editor of my choice, but I'm pretty sure I need an executable to point it at.
===
I can't be a Democrat because I like to spend the money I make.
I can't be a Republican because I like to spend the money I make on drugs and whores.
New One way:
It's used in wxPython for the code editing widget. There's also an editor called 'SCITE' that uses it (same site).
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New This is nice
Now all I need is a good way to modify the color scheme. I can just brute force it in the html.properties file, but I'd much rather have something more user-friendly. Does such a beast already exist, or do I have to write it?

===

After further evaluation ... It needs more fine-grained hilighting, too. It treats all HTML tags the same. You can't have table tags colored differently from other types of tags, for instance. And in PHP there is only one type of keyword, rather than reserved words and functions.

It looks like these should be doable, but the source is too dense for me to figure it out. And other things are close enough that I don't have a compelling reason to learn C++ just to add it to this.
===
I can't be a Democrat because I like to spend the money I make.
I can't be a Republican because I like to spend the money I make on drugs and whores.
Expand Edited by drewk April 11, 2002, 04:43:35 PM EDT
New It was the best thing about the ISPF editor on MVS
Except they called it Exclude. But yeah, same idea. Wonderful for hiding great slabs of COBOL code. :)

"Ah, the good old days," he said, getting all misty-eyed...
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
     C#/.NET framework/Visual Studio .NET - (inthane-chan) - (11)
         Section collapse feature... - (admin) - (6)
             No argument there... - (inthane-chan)
             Hejlsberg's innovation wasn't just "inserting code"... - (CRConrad)
             So how do I use it - (drewk) - (2)
                 One way: - (admin) - (1)
                     This is nice - (drewk)
             It was the best thing about the ISPF editor on MVS - (Meerkat)
         WebForms - (ChrisR) - (2)
             Chris, just out of curiosity... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Looks similar... - (ChrisR)
         It is my bread and butter so far - (orion)

It was a good party...
44 ms