IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Heh. Nice try.
His race has nothing to do with it - you know me better than that.

Herman Cain "clarified" his position today.

http://blogs.cbn.com...-the-culture.aspx

Herman Cain Statement:

“Yesterday in an interview with Piers Morgan on CNN, I was asked questions about abortion policy and the role of the President.

I understood the thrust of the question to ask whether that I, as president, would simply “order” people to not seek an abortion.

My answer was focused on the role of the President. The President has no constitutional authority to order any such action by anyone. That was the point I was trying to convey.

As to my political policy view on abortion, I am 100% pro-life. End of story.

I will appoint judges who understand the original intent of the Constitution. Judges who are committed to the rule of law know that the Constitution contains no right to take the life of unborn children.

I will oppose government funding of abortion. I will veto any legislation that contains funds for Planned Parenthood. I will do everything that a President can do, consistent with his constitutional role, to advance the culture of life."

Yeah. He's a personal-liberty-people-make-their-own-decision and states-rights guy when it comes to this issue. Or something. Sure. :-/

(Note that "order" doesn't appear in the CNN transcript of the abortion discussion.)

What really happened is he got schooled on Republican orthodoxy by the Republican base, and Santorum and Bachmann, today. He put his Maverick cape away and got back in the group.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New More.
http://www.washingto...Azgsw0L_blog.html

“The government shouldn’t be trying to tell people everything to do, especially when it comes to a social decision that they need to make,” Cain said.

Just last week, though, Cain appeared to take the opposite position on abortion, telling Fox Business Network’s John Stossel that “abortion should not be legal” — although even in that interview, he confused the hosts about just what his position was. Also, in 2003, he said he supported a Constitutional amendment outlawing abortion.

The confusing set of statements from the new GOP frontrunner represents just the latest instance in which Cain appears to be trying to take positions on both sides of an issue. And it’s opening him up to charges of being a flip-flopper.

(via http://www.esquire.c...zai-video-6520690 )

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New about as usefull as an Obama Lawn Jockey
everyone knows that its fake because a jockey is a private sector job. Kick the guy to the curb because you dislike his policies, that's fine. Trying to make shit up to match your agenda is a very republican thing to do. You should know better
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New ? I quoted him....
New referencing people who make shit up is republican as well
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Heh.
New translation:
"When I'm president, I won't have the authority to order people to not have abortions. However, I will appoint to every judgeship that I can judges who will guarantee that they will prevent pro-abortion laws from being enforced and strike them down in any way possible. Thus, I'll outlaw abortion in this country by circumventing the Legislature."

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
     Expect Cain to plummet in the polls. - (Another Scott) - (29)
         Author is incorrect - (beepster) - (1)
             Re: Author is incorrect - (S1mon_Jester)
         Clown? - (SpiceWare) - (26)
             He's playing games. Like a clown. ;-) - (Another Scott) - (25)
                 Now you are incorrect, too. - (beepster) - (16)
                     Interesting that you can read his mind. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Not a mind reader. - (beepster)
                     Nice try. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                         Doesn't really matter - (beepster) - (7)
                             Careful. I said the same thing about Dubya. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             No, that's a submarine statement - (crazy) - (5)
                                 That was a revision to the earlier statements - (beepster) - (4)
                                     No assumptions here - (crazy) - (3)
                                         On the other hand, his star is rising - (crazy) - (1)
                                             the board rooms like him and he isnt mormon - (boxley)
                                         Dupe - (crazy)
                         Two points. - (hnick) - (4)
                             Addendum. And I have a point for you. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 Different subject, but the law should be rewritten. - (hnick) - (2)
                                     Well, there is that... ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     144 well known fact - (boxley)
                 hardly, your visceral dislike of black conservatives is - (boxley) - (7)
                     Heh. Nice try. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                         More. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             about as usefull as an Obama Lawn Jockey - (boxley) - (3)
                                 ? I quoted him.... -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     referencing people who make shit up is republican as well -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Heh. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         translation: - (lincoln)

Ego cleanup on aisle three.
93 ms