IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Solution? - Try 'Why there will be no peace in M.E.'
Critical issues for which neither side seems able to deal with. A right catch-22 ....

A)

1-Israelis won't give up their settlements in the west bank (check the usual maps (TIME mag this week)) and this will continue to perfectly justifiably enrage and alienate Palestinians from the west bank who lost their land post 1967.

2-Israelis generally and justifiably, no longer have one iota of faith in Yassar Arafat's integrity.

3-The Israelis won't accept Palestinian demands that Jerusalem be made capital of Palestine (the country).

B)

1-The Palestinians won't back down on demanding that all refugees be allowed to return to their ancestral homes - even where these are now part of Israel (pre 1967 borders). Asking for this is to ask for Israelis to be out populated by Palestinians within their own country by year 2010 and thus become a minority in Israel.

2-The Palestinians won't accept power sharing or neutral control of Jerusalem.

My ideal solution (that has zero probability of even being discussed ...)

1.Compensate the pre 1967 expelled Palestinians by giving them the settlements occupied by Israelis in the west pank & gaza regions.
2.Give Israel full diplomatic recognition (per Saudi plan).
3.Allow Jerusalem to become an 'international city' with joint control, for the next 100 years or so
4.Build a fu***** big wide wall between the two peoples after the above are achieved

Cheers

Doug the Diplomat
New Thanks for the insight.
You've covered the key points nicely.

I agree with your solution with the exception of the wall part.
Remove the cause of the hatred and the need for the wall becomes unnecessary.
Granted, deep rooted hatred takes years to eliminate but with the help from an international coalition of peace-loving countries, maybe there is some ray of hope.
Look what the international community did after 9/11. If only that kind of cooperation could be directed to this current escalation in the Middle East.
New #1. Death to all fanatics!
Remove the cause of the hatred and the need for the wall becomes unnecessary.
Granted, deep rooted hatred takes years to eliminate but with the help from an international coalition of peace-loving countries, maybe there is some ray of hope.

The key problem is that there are a minority of fanatics, on both sides, who would rather die (or have everyone else die) than to have the infidels treading upon their holy land.

Until those can be executed, expelled, marginalized, incarcerated or whatever, there will be no peace.

Peace is possible. But first you have to disable everyone who will act upon his/her inability to co-exist with the other side.

Or, kill everyone on the other side!
New Re: kill everyone on the other side!
That does appear to be the action plan on the Israeli side. Wait until the body counts and pictures of damage done by the Israeli are available.

How about a Solomonic decision? Kill all on both sides. Say 60 megaton bombs in a triangular pattern on 30 mile centers on all of Israel and occupied territories. Orient the pattern so there is a direct hit on old Jerusalem. Peace would be assured.
Alex

"Never express yourself more clearly than you think." -- Neils Bohr (1885-1962)
New I've always maintained...
...that peace in the Middle East could only be achieved by either a) one group wiping out ALL members of the opposing groups all around the world or b) by turning the Middle East into the largest glass parking lot in the world.

I have this weird image 2000 years hence of the Palestinians being given a homeland in Israel against the wishes of it's current occupants...
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
     What is the solution? Is Middle East Peace possible? - (brettj) - (34)
         One pundit's answer... - (Ashton)
         Re: Solution? - Try 'Why there will be no peace in M.E.' - (dmarker2) - (4)
             Thanks for the insight. - (brettj) - (3)
                 #1. Death to all fanatics! - (Brandioch) - (2)
                     Re: kill everyone on the other side! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         I've always maintained... - (inthane-chan)
         Yes... - (screamer) - (18)
             Watch it! I might learn somthin from y'all. - (brettj) - (17)
                 Idealism is a good thing... - (screamer) - (16)
                     Re: They are not killing Palestinians indiscriminately. - (a6l6e6x) - (15)
                         Check the Jordan Times - (boxley) - (4)
                             I must have missed the passing of the law... - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                 url - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Yeh, "That's funny, she didn't look American.". - (a6l6e6x)
                                     Israelis fess up on monk. - (a6l6e6x)
                         I understand your point of view... - (screamer) - (8)
                             Re: "I haven't heard them giving us ultimatums about how we - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                                 Marshall Plan? - (Ashton) - (3)
                                     Perhaps some of the US $90 BILLION given to Israel. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                         With 2/3rds of that amount going to Egypt - (boxley) - (1)
                                             And Egypt, having a population > 10 times greater. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 terrorism is quite effective... - (ChrisR) - (2)
                                     But Gandhi was that Exceptional person - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Forgot a Gandhi quote someone printed up - - (Ashton)
                         Disingenuous, perhaps.. - (Ashton)
         Oh, give it a rest. - (marlowe) - (1)
             Ah.. the irony of___ unheeded self-advice. - (Ashton)
         Well, I never thought peace in Central America was possible - (3)) - (6)
             Amiable chess match? - (wharris2) - (4)
                 Well, different - (3)) - (3)
                     Just a matter of tactics? - (marlowe) - (2)
                         Not saying it isn't fueled by insane hatred - (3)) - (1)
                             Fruitful angle.. - (Ashton)
             Re: money flow. - (a6l6e6x)

Better graphics than the Amiga!
156 ms