IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ok. He's a powerless drone. Gotcha.
So it doesn't really matter who wins next. I gather this means that I don't have to feel guilty about staying home on election day. Doesn't matter.
Curiously enough though, the previous shitweasle got pretty much whatever he wanted, when he wanted it, and no fucking back talk. One hypothesis is that the president has a lot of power to influence and the platform to present his case. Of course, the president would actually have to do it, and it might ruffle some feathers. I suggest that the current shitweasle is getting exactly the deals he wants. If he was willing to get into the fight and go for it, he could make things happen. He's either a total coward, or he's getting what he wants. Fuck him where he lives.
New Hmm...
Did Bush get his way in privatizing Social Security?

Nope.

The guy in the White House does matter. But he's not king. He can't pass his agenda without enough people to vote for it.

Please tell me what Obama could have done to change the mind of Blanche Lincoln and Ben Nelson and Joe Lieberman and all the rest. I'd love to hear it.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Hmm...
Talk to their constituents? Present an energetic, cogent, case for an objective? Embarrass the lower houses for their fecklessness? Get angry? Fight? I would bet that if he got on national TV and actually fought for a point, he might just engage all those people who got him elected. Might actually stir something up and make changes. I would also bet that he does not want to stir up anything or make any changes. But I may just be getting a little cynical...
Sorry about the tenor of the previous post; I'm in a certain amount of pain and it's making me a bit grouchy.
New There was an election a short time ago.
He believes in giving elected representatives a great deal of respect. Even when it's inconvenient for his agenda.

I expect him to do more of what you're suggesting in the coming months, but he's not going to change his spots.

I don't disagree that it would be nice if he would push for his policies more. But he's playing the long game. Time will tell if he'll be more successful in 2012 in building a larger majority...

I hope you feel better soon. Don't worry about being grouchy. J will tell you that I deserve it much of the time. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New That's interesting.
Even when it's inconvenient for his agenda.

Reading that the second time, I realized something. Aside from keeping his nose in the public trough, I have no idea what "his agenda" is. It turns out that it isn't what he campaigned on. Thus the disaffections. That is the problem in a nutshell.
New Careful. That's how I got slammed 3 years ago.
So it doesn't really matter who wins next.
     Of course a politician can lie and change his mind... - (Another Scott) - (32)
         maybe they dont like republicans, they still vote for them -NT - (boxley)
         I think you're misunderestimating the Murican Peeple. - (mmoffitt) - (30)
             On the last: Here's hoping. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Hey, that'd be two times this century. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Whoa, the kids f'ed up, he didn't. - (crazy) - (27)
                 I have a Master's in Math. - (mmoffitt) - (26)
                     Here we go again. - (Another Scott) - (23)
                         Single Payer doesn't count as progressive? - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                             Of course if was off the table - (crazy) - (19)
                                 Point == missed. - (mmoffitt) - (18)
                                     He doesn't propose things that he doesn't think can pass. - (Another Scott) - (17)
                                         Ok. He's a powerless drone. Gotcha. - (hnick) - (5)
                                             Hmm... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                 Re: Hmm... - (hnick) - (2)
                                                     There was an election a short time ago. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         That's interesting. - (mmoffitt)
                                             Careful. That's how I got slammed 3 years ago. - (mmoffitt)
                                         The ultimate rationalization of following instead of leading - (beepster) - (10)
                                             Non sequitur, as usual. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                 Your title said it. - (beepster) - (3)
                                                     No leadership? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                         no - (beepster) - (1)
                                                             Heh. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             If leadership - (S1mon_Jester) - (4)
                                                 Course you would - (beepster) - (2)
                                                     Meaningless riposte as usual, begging the question - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                         tit for tat. -NT - (beepster)
                                                 I've got your leadership right here. - (mmoffitt)
                         A wiki link? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             We've been through it before. - (Another Scott)
                     Which means you work at the esoteric high side - (crazy)
                     heh heh - (beepster)

Ooh, Peter found the asterisk, color me chastised.
57 ms