IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New IWE++ (sorta)
Got promoted. Now have company vehicle (new Ford Focus, nowt flash).

A little more money (nice), but I won't be retiring just yet.

New role is commissioning (long story, ask me over a beer sometime) and client liaison, which is a bit like technical sales and technical support and business development and hand-holding and letting them shout at us and eliciting what they want and so on and so forth.

There's a bit of "keeping the programmers away from the client, at least at first, because they tend to answer questions a shade too directly and literally", too.
New Good For you
Good luck with the new work
"Pictures are better then words because some words are big and hard to understand"
Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
New Hey.. I drove one of those
last month: friend acquiring a new scooter-car. Focus seemed the best of the lot being auditioned (let's not talk about the $Titanium$ model at the plutocrat-end of the lineup.)
She opted for a Fiesta==Ford logo but.. unMurican-by-design, fortunately.

Congrats on the er, rise. May all your encounter-group sessions meetings adjourn to a place with darts and Old Manx ale.
Isn't that more better than a mere corner office?

Nice to hear your 2p. from time to time. Maybe a brief essay sometime ... on the troubled-yout in your neighborhoods?
Seemed a bit scary for a while, there.
New Re: Hey.. I drove one of those
The Focus drives very well. Best-in-class for steering, I reckon; the BMW 1-series may have the advantage there, but it's considerably more expensive.

I won't be setting any land-speed records in it; the diesel version I'll be getting has a mighty 90PS. But then it does do 67MPG (ha! take THAT, Prius!) and has a DAB radio, Bluetooth, MP3 CD, and the essential creature comforts including the very wonderful quick-clear windscreen.

I'm having a red one. The colour range is white, red, and an assortment of tedious, drab blues and greys.

Jo's having the 528i. She likes a big car and she somehow gets 32MPG out of it; as her commute is only 7 miles each way, that's more than acceptable.

One of the plus points of this change is that I will have even more excuse to leave the office. I don't like the office environment, and much prefer to get out and about with our customer and technology partners. I spent 50 nights away from home last year, and am already up to that number for 2011; 2009 was 80 nights away, which I didn't regard as excessive.
New BMW 5 series ... "big car" ...
Two countries separated by a common language. :-)
--

Drew
New D opted for Metallic Candy-Apple Red! great minds.. Q:
What is this very wonderful quick-clear windscreen? of which you speak.
Something classy in windscreen wipers or ____ other?

PS: I liked the [US-version SE] Focus best of these two, plus Honda Fit tried out; VW got a FAIL on (petrol) mileage, while the bitchin TDI was $outta-sight. Alas the extra ~ $2K-USD rendered the Focus just over the line for ROI.
:-/

I agreed with [ was it Car & Driver? ] reviewer's assessment of the top-line Focus Titanium: best handling of any US competitors in the niche, plus decent build quality. (Noted there too: the poshed-down suspension alterations for soft-butted Muricans ... were minimal, compared with Euro: a mere tire swap would get 'excellent' rating on the twisties.) Loved the brakes' action/feel. And the lo-speed torque (more cc.s than the teensy Fiesta.) 6-speed 2-clutch automatics rock, in either.

The super-diesel isn't on US Ford's marketing agenda [yet], but then---it would have broken the bank anyway. Seems unlikely they'll add it unless people with pitchforks descend on the CIEIO's household (whichever one, in a given month.)

Happy hooning! ;^> (OK, that's a joke @ 90PS.)

New Re: D opted for Metallic Candy-Apple Red! great minds.. Q:
Quickclear windscreen - it's like a rear demister, only the wires are much finer, much more closely spaced and run top-to-bottom.

Truly a wonder of the modern age.
New Gratumalations
A least someone's getting ahead in this world! ;-)
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Excellent!
New Congrats...
So is that "MR. _pw" to us commoners?
New Re: Congrats...
Mr _pw sir, actually.
New What? No "The Honorable Mr ..., Esquire"?
Congrats!
New Uhhh... Yes Sir!
New Mr_Pw sir (pronounced cur) if I remember my naval honorifics
Congrats
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Fabulous, congratulations!
I'd love to take you up on that beer someday :)
     IWE++ (sorta) - (pwhysall) - (14)
         Good For you - (Bman)
         Hey.. I drove one of those - (Ashton) - (4)
             Re: Hey.. I drove one of those - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 BMW 5 series ... "big car" ... - (drook)
                 D opted for Metallic Candy-Apple Red! great minds.. Q: - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Re: D opted for Metallic Candy-Apple Red! great minds.. Q: - (pwhysall)
         Gratumalations - (mvitale)
         Excellent! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Congrats... - (folkert) - (4)
             Re: Congrats... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                 What? No "The Honorable Mr ..., Esquire"? - (mmoffitt)
                 Uhhh... Yes Sir! -NT - (folkert)
                 Mr_Pw sir (pronounced cur) if I remember my naval honorifics - (boxley)
         Fabulous, congratulations! - (Steve Lowe)

Super-size it!
70 ms