IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New $90 to $140
If you shop around, you can probably find the Linksys router for about that ($140 of you need the 4-port switch).

It would be possible to detect that more than one computer was involved. The router uses "single address NAT", and sets the originating port address uniquely for each workstation so it can route the replys. That means someone could analyze your packet stream and see that more than one computer was involved because there would be multiple port addresses and they would not be standard port addresses. I doubt cable companies do that.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus April 7, 2002, 11:45:25 AM EDT
New Already have the router
That's the D-Link I mentioned. I'm just checking to see if I should expect to have to pay the extra $5.95 to connect my other computers when I want to, even though I'm going to be the only one using any of the connections.

As far as the originating port was concerned, I was under the assumption that the originating port was random (on unpriviledged ports) anyway.
~~~)-Steven----

"I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country..."

General George S. Patton
New They won't know...
....gofer it dude.

Have them set it up on whatever windows machine you want....then redo it when they leave with the router...

Noone will ever know...except maybe you.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Thanks All
     Cost of attaching 3 computers to 1 cable - (Steven A S) - (5)
         $90 to $140 - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             Already have the router - (Steven A S) - (2)
                 They won't know... - (bepatient) - (1)
                     Thanks All -NT - (Steven A S)
         Off hand, w/o dynamic analysis, I think it would difficult - (a6l6e6x)

How?
197 ms