IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes, thank you. The beef page does need . . .
. . a lot of updateing - it hasn't been worked on for some time and to be finished. Well, as finished as anything gets on this Web site. I stumble on new stuff every week.

I appreciate your note on exports to Indonesia. Cookbooks covering Islamic lands tend to say "Lamb, lamb, chicken and lamb".
New Indonesian Islam.
I get the impression that the more Saudi Islam would rather ignore the Indonesian region. :-) But Indonesia ana Malaysia are fairly good examples of how a Islam and secular western influences can generally mix rather well (Turkey is another).

Wade.
Static Scribblings http://staticsan.blogspot.com/
New No, Saudi Islam would not like to ignore . . .
. . Indonesian Islam - they'd like to "correct" it - but the Arab Sunnis and Shiites are just too busy blowing each other up to invest the resources.

Of course there's already plenty of blowing up in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines. This is significantly fueled by radicals influenced by Arabian Islam.

As for Turkey, the Arabs consider many Turkish sects to be nothing more than Paganism with enough Islam slathered on to pass as "Islamic", if you don't look too hard. They'd blow the whole lot up if they weren't so busy.
New Same as it ever was
"... paganism with enough [insert dominant religion here] to pass if you don't look too hard ..." describes the origin of pretty much every major religion. Christmas tree ... yule log ... pagan. Easter? Fertility rite. All Hallows Eve? Harvest festival. You know the drill.
--

Drew
New Don't omit the common-MMO either.
[Puritanism® distills it best?]

..the nagging Fear that, somehow, someWhere some.One. is Enjoying (her)self

THIS IMhO is the key-code via which the robed-ones grab all the sinners by-the-short-hair; ergo keep their Franchise lucrative, lascivious-for-the-Brothers and Guilt-slathered for the marks.
(But I may have missed half-a-dozen other ploys ~~as unworthy. Doubtless.)

New Not just the side stuff either
The dead god rising this is actually a fairly standard pagan motif.

And I recall from somewhere that you really can't be taken seriously as an Inuit shaman until you've spent three days dead under the ice. Those guys are so tough that what qualifies you as God most places just gets you a job.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
New Yes, Christianity is just another version of . . .
. . the Cult of the Dying God.

It picked up a fair amount from the religion of Isis and Osiris, which was quite popular in the Roman Empire at the time Christianity was founded.
New Some say Mithras was also put in the mix.
New Yes, but it probably had little to do with Persia.
"Mithrism" was a mystery religion prevalent among the Roman Legions - the name giving it an aura of esoteric authority. It was a "New Age" religion keyed to the precession of the equinox, similar to the "Age of Aquarius", but a previous transition. The sect was very secretive so it is not known just how much was adopted by Christianity.

Christianity was also definitely a "New Age" religion - until the Old Testament got tacked on to it to justify and authoritarian Church.

Personally, I don't think the Old Testament has any business being in Christianity, and some Christian sects do agree.
New So they're "tactfully" ignoring them. :-)
     Grygus... some improvements for your pages. - (static) - (10)
         Yes, thank you. The beef page does need . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
             Indonesian Islam. - (static) - (8)
                 No, Saudi Islam would not like to ignore . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                     Same as it ever was - (drook) - (5)
                         Don't omit the common-MMO either. - (Ashton)
                         Not just the side stuff either - (mhuber) - (3)
                             Yes, Christianity is just another version of . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 Some say Mithras was also put in the mix. -NT - (static) - (1)
                                     Yes, but it probably had little to do with Persia. - (Andrew Grygus)
                     So they're "tactfully" ignoring them. :-) -NT - (static)

Toto... I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...!
180 ms