IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yep
All the promise of change, yet so much stayed the course (Guantanamo still open, Bush tax cuts extended, transparency, etc). Well, one thing changed - you now get sexually assaulted for wanting to fly on a plane.
New Bingo on the plane.
My former student pilot daughter's experience at FWA has made her determined to never fly commercial again. And I don't blame her. I saw it and was powerless to do anything about it. It made me physically ill.
New Haven't flown since 9/11..
And Who-the-Fuck Would WANT TO?! (as opposed to Have-to bizness and other obligations you can't wangle out of.)
I suspect that my next flight is apt to be one-way, anyway--if enough ducks stay in a row.)

As the er, avoirdupois of the average passenger has risen and Spam-in-Can anti-convenience has triumphed in cabin layouts, the average passenger must look at a commercial flight today as, primarily an Ordeal, I wot. You get 'transported' to a new spot after being assaulted (psychologically and physically, often) at all stages of flight until you Exit the province of the mouth-breathers in Uniforms and then ... may have ... a limited-return of basic Rights, (well, the few still operative since sniveling Patriot Act nullification.)

(While this process may be a bit less onerous than the standing-room-only boxcars heading for Belsen, it is guaranteed to kill..OK maim any happy feelings re a 'vacation', either coming or going.)

But OTOH / Devil's advocate arena: indeed there Are folks who Do want to kill us--all over the place.
Wonder. Why. ...since we're such a Like-able bunch of trash-talkin imperialists, so long as everyone agrees with us.

Maybe the Death of Pleasurable flying exactly fits the karma we've generated? since we stole the land from its original inhabitants,
while singing all those treacly psalms about brotherly love / along with that second chorus, Die Redskin!

When everyone is fear-besotted, mobility suffers and dies, eh?
Ergo: bin-L Won, cha cha cha -- what an ROI for a few $100K!

I could almost see voting for Palin Cthulhu in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
New Wife is flying commercial on Saturday.
Here's hoping her experience leads to a loosening of the purse strings sufficient to afford me an aircraft reasonably capable of a trip out west. :0)
New :-)
New cheaper
http://www.flightopt...KkCFc_D7QodX1uCSQ
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Not a lot.
And one of these would be a hell of a lot more fun!
http://www.aso.com/l...al=True&dealerid=

New very sweet
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New There for a while
the dual engines were fairly cheap. (Since you need a multi-engine rating, double the fuel costs.

Looking over at controller.com...some are much cheaper (but alas, that's the limit of my multi-engine experience).

Sidenote: a 1966 with only 1027 hrs on the airframe?
New Flown by a little old lady in Pasadena. (To church and back)
New I'd rather drive.
In fact I love road trips! But when they start monitoring vehicle mileage to tax you, I'm done with that, too.
New no worries
will steal someone elses bug for long road trips or buy an eprom burner
     In case you're wondering, it was a hoax. - (Another Scott) - (57)
         lawsuit - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Indeed. They won't stop this crap until they pay a price. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Bizarre press conference. - (Ashton) - (1)
             Dunno. - (Another Scott)
         Why *now* you're asking? - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Decidedly curiouser and Curiouser.. - (Ashton)
             confused question on the players - (boxley)
         Re: In case you're wondering, it was a hoax. - (boxley) - (4)
             What kind of idiots are his handlers? - (mmoffitt)
             Doesn't matter if there are other pictures. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 not missing anything but apparently its not the first time - (boxley)
                 Re: Doesn't matter if there are other pictures. - (beepster)
         No it wasn't. That bulge was his and his alone. - (beepster) - (1)
             And what is he, like 12? - (beepster)
         Well, so much for that. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Re: In case you're wondering, it was a hoax. - (malraux)
         Re: In case you're wondering, it was a hoax. - (lincoln) - (40)
             it was his favre and he was posting it, no hoax -NT - (boxley) - (39)
                 I never said it was a hoax - (lincoln) - (38)
                     No, even worse, you're saying its a conspiracy - (beepster) - (5)
                         how many RepubliCANTS does it take - (lincoln) - (4)
                             chill out francis -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                 the facts will not be denied - (lincoln) - (1)
                                     I dont watch faux news at all - (boxley)
                             Right. - (beepster)
                     I'm afraid you're being silly. - (hnick) - (31)
                         Yeabut... - (Another Scott) - (30)
                             Yeabut... yeabut - (hnick) - (29)
                                 Might all be moot. Cole thinks he'll be gone by Tuesday. - (Another Scott) - (28)
                                     ya cant rehab stupid -NT - (boxley) - (27)
                                         amen brother bill -NT - (beepster)
                                         then why is Ensign (R-NV) still in office? - (lincoln) - (25)
                                             did they take stupid rehab? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 nope - (lincoln)
                                             You can't overcome them by becoming just like them. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (22)
                                                 But I live in the land of Teabaggers - (lincoln) - (21)
                                                     I feel your pain. I'm in NE Indiana. - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                                                         Along those lines, digby's worried about Romney and TPaw. - (Another Scott) - (19)
                                                             I wouldnt worry about it - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                 Really? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                     whatju smokin? - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                         Keep reading. See the stuff in the ()? -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                             I know I was wrong in '08, but, ... - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                                                                 Time will tell. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                     Re: Time will tell. - (lincoln)
                                                                 Yep - (SpiceWare) - (11)
                                                                     Bingo on the plane. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                                                         Haven't flown since 9/11.. - (Ashton) - (9)
                                                                             Wife is flying commercial on Saturday. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                                                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                 cheaper - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                                     Not a lot. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                         very sweet -NT - (boxley)
                                                                                         There for a while - (S1mon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                                             Flown by a little old lady in Pasadena. (To church and back) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                             I'd rather drive. - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                                                                                 no worries - (boxley)

The third one burned down, fell over, and then sank into the swamp.
165 ms