Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sure..
ashton
AT
vom
ddottt
com

will do it.

They can send it to me via UPS or USPS as you choose - it being small, no idea which is best. I've sent a scope to HK, so no big deal at local post office, though you'll need to be explicit re what to declare on the green? form thingie.. Natch you'd want via Air; again - it's small.

Ashton
who just happened to drop in here to clear an LRPD :-\ufffd
New Re: Tks will follow up in a few days - just

bought an iPaq 3870 with 64+64 Ram - 66mhz processor, bluetooth & Windows 2002.

WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT configuring that software is !!! -- I needed to buy the thing as my requires me to be expert on all the PDAs etc: & what they offer.

MSIE on win2002 is pathetic. Setting up network connections using bluetooth is worse (I have a blue tooth phone). The YOPY browser was far better. The writing software is good - perhaps better than PALM but only equal to YOPY.

I am really looking forward to the Zaurus. Also today HK shops started selling the new SONY PDAs - they are so durned chaep & they say the HK & English versions will be cheaper - such a beautifull looking machine + MP3 + a big swvelling screen. The local price is 3280 HK (400 US). This product just needs to be expanded to add more ram (16-64) & a faster processor & Linux (comes with PALM 4.1) - it would push the price up to about 500US but it is a killer device (so light).

Will be in contact re send HK freight costs to you etc:

Cheers & thanks doug (within 1 week)

New The iPaq will run Linux. I have seen it. :)
Alex

"Never express yourself more clearly than you think." -- Neils Bohr (1885-1962)
New Yup, it darn sure does...
See: [link|http://www.ipaqlinux.com/|http://www.ipaqlinux.com/]
New Sony swivel NR-70 is $500 USD
For more, you can check out sites like PalmInfocenter.com. It's more expensive here (US) than in Asia.

It's currently the fastest PalmOS device (66 MHz 680xx Dragonball). For anything faster than that, you'll have to wait for ARM-based Palm 5 based machines in the fall. Other downsides include low battery life (half that of the T615) and larger size.

The Zaurus is available at Fry's, but it's a little pricey (similar to PocketPC, about $650 IIRC). Next time I'm at Fry's I'll have to look at it in a little more detail.

BTW, you can also run Inferno OS on iPaq's -- I've seen it done at trade shows.

And, I'm very happy with my new Sony T615 (blue). Then again, I only want a PDA, not a singing, dancing, mainframe that finds in my hand.

Tony
New Re: Sony NR-70 - got Jap one

A very nice & light unit. It is same height as iPAQ 3870, is thinner & lighter & of course has bigger screen. I will get a copy of the English CD but in the meantime you can install the English drivers (sync) for the T615 as they seem to be the same.

Screen is quite readable in neon lighted office.

Now to get that Zaurus to Ashton & compare it.

Cheers

Doug
     Whatever happened to Linux PDAs ??? - a lot!!! - (dmarker2) - (12)
         getting a Zaurus - (slugbug) - (5)
             Re: getting a Zaurus - tried that - (dmarker2) - (4)
                 Re: getting a Zaurus - bummer! - (slugbug) - (3)
                     Re: Zaurus - apart from backlight issue ... - (dmarker2) - (2)
                         Re: Zaurus - pros and cons - (slugbug) - (1)
                             Re: Zaurus - customer reviews - GREAT!!! - (dmarker2)
         Sure.. - (Ashton) - (5)
             Re: Tks will follow up in a few days - just - (dmarker2) - (4)
                 The iPaq will run Linux. I have seen it. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Yup, it darn sure does... - (slugbug)
                 Sony swivel NR-70 is $500 USD - (tonytib) - (1)
                     Re: Sony NR-70 - got Jap one - (dmarker2)

And let's have a little taste of that old computer-generated... swagger... yes.
87 ms