IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Windows Explorer defaults
Windows Explore defaults to the "Large Icon" view for some odd reason. I would prefer the default be "Detail" view. It seems to remember if you change it for a given folder for while, but seems to forget every 3 months or so. Thus, it would be easier to change the global default, if possible.

Does anybody by chance know how to set the global default?

(I know, "Windows sucks use Linux", but it is where the money is unless you like/can move from town to town.)

New Forgets? Tell me.
I'm currently on Windows XP crack (oops, hope the DEA doesn't see that) and haven't seen it, or with Win98. When I set a folder to show me details, it stays, as far as I've seen.
"I didn't know you could drive to Europe." -- An eavesdropper, piping in when he overheard a conversation about someone who had driven to Montreal.
New Windows XP cra^H^H^H fix
Please do call it a fix, not a crack. It fixes a problem in the OS, so it is a fix. It deletes out six annoying files and makes a registry change so that the annoying feature is taken out of XP and XP itself is fixed. :)

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New Tools, Folder Options, View, Like Current Folder?
That's how to do it in W2K, anyway, and that seems to work.

Only, you gotta do it separately in an Explorer view (with directory tree), and in a... uh, "Folder" view (what you get when you Open in stead of Explore a folder; without directory tree); it seems to save separate settings for each "kind of view". If that's what you *want*, that is, maybe you meant only one or the other.

FWIW, HTH, etc...
   Christian R. Conrad
Of course, who am I to point fingers? I'm in the "Information Technology" business, prima facia evidence that there's bats in the bell tower.
-- [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=27764|Andrew Grygus]
New Thank you, that's been bugging me too
===
I can't be a Democrat because I like to spend the money I make.
I can't be a Republican because I like to spend the money I make on drugs and whores.
New Thanks (nt)
>> it seems to save separate settings for each "kind of view". <<

How OO of them: split things into "subtypes". Fooooey!

The proper design approach of course would be to have independently-controlled features in the viewer, not subtypes.
             Windows XP cra^H^H^H fix - (orion)
         Tools, Folder Options, View, Like Current Folder? - (CRConrad) - (2)
             Thank you, that's been bugging me too -NT - (drewk)
             Thanks (nt) - (tablizer)

Should be pasted on all overpasses.
38 ms