http://www.reuters.c...USWEN084120110409
The U.S. Congress early on Saturday passed a one-week stopgap funding measure to avert a federal government shutdown, clearing the way to approve a bipartisan measure next week to fund the government for the rest of this fiscal year with $37.8 billion in spending cuts.

It isn't clear what the deal includes yet, but just averting a shutdown is a small win for Boehner and Obama over the Tea Party group that wanted a shut down. The radicals on both extremes seem to hate it, the left thinks it has too much cuts and the right don't think it's enough and didn't get the shutdown they wanted. I want to see the actual details before I take a side. Without at least some tax increases it's probably to austerity focused for me to like it though.

It could still blow up, since the stopgap only gives them one week to finish the full bill. Boehner is still facing a challenge lining up enough Tea Party support. It will probably be easier on the Democratic side, but even there I don't think they are going to get 100% support.

Jay