IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I thought attacking the unions in WI
was all about cutting government spending, you know - it was a "fiscal act". Now we learn differently...

Spending would increase 1% under Walker budget

Gov. Scott Walker's proposed budget would increase overall spending by 1% over two years rather than reduce it as the administration had said earlier this month.

That would still be the tightest lid on spending of state and federal money in at least two decades, observers said.

A report released Monday by the nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau showed that under Walker's bill the state would spend a proposed $64.1 billion in state and federal dollars over two years after factoring in existing spending that would be transferred to new quasi-public authorities such as the University of Wisconsin-Madison. That would amount to $609.5 million more in spending over the 2011-'13 budget.

When the Republican governor unveiled his budget proposal on March 1, his administration said it would cut overall spending by more than $4 billion, or more than 6%. But those amounts included spending cuts that would simply amount to transferring certain funding for entities like UW-Madison and a new agency to replace the Department of Commerce off the state's books.

http://www.jsonline....cs/118779749.html

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New How much extra will I be paying in taxes for Walker's games?
One of his initiatives is to remove the rule that says that in order to privatize a function, the private alternative has to be less expensive.

This really isn't about saving money.

Walker is no fiscal conservative.

If your name isn't on the executive summary report of the campaign finances, your taxes will be going up.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
     I thought attacking the unions in WI - (lincoln) - (1)
         How much extra will I be paying in taxes for Walker's games? - (mhuber)

The tautological prime conjecture states that the tautological prime conjecture is true.
105 ms